Panther & LCM, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

cockpit from a Mosquito : kind of side-by-side twin-seater

I hesitated a bit w.r.t. tail fins, but preferred the full flying wing

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

;D

it is a substraction essentially !
(of the fuselage)

Tophe

Yes, wonderfully, while the Mosquito touch addition is delicious: :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

steelpillow

:thumbsup: :wub: :bow:

This is truly a stoke of genius!

Notes on that rude word, reality:
Not easily seen on the model is the increased washout (downward-twist of the leading edge) of the outer wing sections compared to the Victor, ensuring that the wing remains stable and controllable without its tail.
Handley Page did indeed make a tailless aeroplane, the HP 75 Manx. It was an experimental prototype designed by Gustav Lachmann (who had independently invented the Handley Page slat before coming to work for the company) in the late 1930s. It was a twin-engined pusher following orthodox practice at the time, with a straight unswept centre section and endplate fins on the wing tips. Completion and first flight were delayed until 1943, not least because Lachmann was imprisoned as a German national in 1939 and the company had to bust its gut to get its advanced projects designer somewhere they could talk to him again.

Back home and safe at last in Whiffland, we now know that the Manx was an aerodynamic test aircraft for a forthcoming jet bomber. Once Lachmann was back up to speed with his native country's wartime work (thanks in no small measure to conversations with Reimar Horten), he updated its aerodynamics and it became this wonderful monster that Eric has set before us. Hats off to you, Sir!
Cheers.

McColm

That would work well with the Airfix Avro Vulcan cockpit canopy  :thumbsup:
I'm going to very busy next year.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Flyer

"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

PR19_Kit

I'm sorely tempted to re-do one like that in RW RAF Bomber Command camo, it's THAT good!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

thanks all !

please go ahead with alternate versions  ;D

Cobra

This is Awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:has a bit of Gerry Anderson Flavor to it! Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan