LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

The Wooksta!

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 20, 2021, 05:56:11 AM
I'm sorely tempted to re-do one like that in RW RAF Bomber Command camo, it's THAT good!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You're not the only one. Although I may have to tweak it by adding a nosecone for radar bombing, a slim centre fuselage (for weapons, fuel or cameras) and a tailcone for EW and other new fangled wireless things.  Sea Vixen/Canberra style offset canopy though.

Having just checked a Canberra B.(I).8 fuselage with a Victor, that may be ideal for said fuselage.  A fin may also be a good idea.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

ericr

a slim fuselage does have potential : at some point I considered using a 1/100 Concorde in my stash ... :rolleyes:

jcf

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 20, 2021, 01:04:39 PM
I'm sorely tempted to re-do one like that in RW RAF Bomber Command camo, it's THAT good!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You're not the only one. Although I may have to tweak it by adding a nosecone for radar bombing, a slim centre fuselage (for weapons, fuel or cameras) and a tailcone for EW and other new fangled wireless things.  Sea Vixen/Canberra style offset canopy though.

Having just checked a Canberra B.(I).8 fuselage with a Victor, that may be ideal for said fuselage.  A fin may also be a good idea.

Sounds a bit like reinventing the H.P.80.

ericr

Dizzyfugu

That Vulcan flying wing looks so great and natural. Very clever.  :thumbsup:

McColm

You mean something similar to this

I know it's not a Victor wing but the Mach2 Martin  SeaMaster kitbashed with the Airfix HS/BAe Nimrod and Cammett BAe Nimrod AEW.3 conversion set does look good.
Even the Airfix Valiant wings look the part

Did someone mention Vulcan?

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Eric, that looks even better than I imagined it would.
Thank you for building it.
Well done.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on November 22, 2021, 03:15:03 AM
Eric, that looks even better than I imagined it would.
Thank you for building it.
Well done.

thanks for firing the imagination !

Mossie

Looks great Eric.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on November 20, 2021, 06:22:11 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 20, 2021, 01:04:39 PM

Sounds a bit like reinventing the H.P.80.

Reminds me of some of the 'minimum bomber' studies.  It'd look good with an underslung or semi-recessesd bomb.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Tophe

Wow! Transsonic biplane? or even supersonic biplane? :thumbsup: ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit