LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyer

"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

steelpillow

:o  :thumbsup:
Surely a composite flying wing with guided bomb, a kind of cruise missile with unstoppable delivery.
It flies to a point above the target, where the undercarriage does the splits (those wing "supporting struts" are actually hydraulic rams) and the bomb is released. The latter plummets down unstoppably, at ever-increasing speed, while the wing recovers its composure before turning round and flying back home.
If there isn't already a video of it on YouTube somewhere, there should be!
Cheers.

steelpillow

Quote from: Flyer on April 10, 2022, 02:47:43 AM
Pointy and blunt at the same time ;D

You make it sound like a grumpy school teacher.  :-\
Cheers.

Tophe

Oh, so cute... so small so special... (I fear I am in love)  :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on April 10, 2022, 03:26:55 AM
so special...
I feel inspired, I must draw something with such a layout. Probably a P-38 with twin engines and twin-noses, or a P-51 with p-82 twin, dreams will decide...

Tophe

Thanks for this approval! ;)
I saw you commented on the P-51, the P-38 is at https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=20326.5880 (an observer with low posts).
And thanks again for the inspiration! :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: steelpillow on April 10, 2022, 03:06:43 AM
:o  :thumbsup:
Surely a composite flying wing with guided bomb, a kind of cruise missile with unstoppable delivery.
It flies to a point above the target, where the undercarriage does the splits (those wing "supporting struts" are actually hydraulic rams) and the bomb is released. The latter plummets down unstoppably, at ever-increasing speed, while the wing recovers its composure before turning round and flying back home.
If there isn't already a video of it on YouTube somewhere, there should be!

Certainly got a Mistel look about it with that nose  ;D

Good one Eric  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

;)

I hadn't thought of a mistl : that happens in whiffing, imagination in the viewers goes further than imagination of the maker  ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: ericr on April 11, 2022, 11:53:29 PM

;)

I hadn't thought of a mistl : that happens in whiffing, imagination in the viewers goes further than imagination of the maker  ;D

Ah but that's the great thing about any good work of art. It stimulates the brain so you start thinking beyond the piece in front of you and modelmaking, especially whiffery, is exactly the same. :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.