LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 01, 2022, 09:40:22 AM
Still manages to look totally French.  ;D :thumbsup:
Ahem, saying that Junkers was almost French at that time may be justified by Historians, concerning German factories in occupied France, but the French ones working for "the enemy" are insulted as "collabos" (meaning awful recreants). Please don't tell to our ericr friend he acted like a collabo, this is just playing with toys of undefined country, dreamily... Yes ?

Tophe

Yes :  ;D I was joking, of course we were not insulting each others, just expressing raw ideas as they come into the mind. <_<

jcf

Noice.  :thumbsup:

The Potez 62 series were sort of corrugated.  ;) ;D

BTW Tophe it's been documented that one of the reasons those Junkers, and other, projects
ended up so delayed and screwed up is because French engineers and workers purposely slow
walked the projects plus there was a lot "accidentally" damaged or "lost" materials and data.

steelpillow

I am sure that ericr and tophe know more about the gentle art of Frenchmen winding each other up than we Brexiteers could teach them. ;)

And of winding up the Germans during WWII, of course. While the German factories were flat-out building warplanes, the design offices were desperate to find work and keep their teams together; anyone who blinked was apt to be conscripted to the Russian front. So during the first half of the war, when things appeared to be going well for Germany, many civil postwar projects were brewed up.
Meanwhile the French factories were not trusted with manufacture of current frontline warplanes, so all that manufacturing capacity was sitting idle.
It was even within the brain capacity of the German command to put two and two together and get the French building unclassified civil prototypes. While the perils of such a gambit were rather obvious, it was deemed better than doing nothing. Industrial accidents while transporting a "finished" machine were not unknown, and I cannot help thinking that the German pilots were lucky when that happened, as it probably saved their lives.
Some types even appeared after the war in French markings, magically finished now that hostilities had ceased. I do not know of any went into production - except on the annals of this forum, obviously. But I'd love to be educated!
Cheers.

Tophe

Yes, in my book "Forked Ghosts" of 1998, page 29 (free at http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/Fg_3.pdf ) in the third part of the book (all being downloadable at http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/Free_EoFG_MV.htm ), I explain the story of the Bréguet 1000t (2,200,000 lb!) powered by 120 engines (15 groups of height) that was completely impossible to build but was the (completely useless) "work" of French engineers not wanting to produce something good for the German army commanding there...

steelpillow

Quote from: Tophe on May 02, 2022, 04:58:59 PM
Yes, in my book "Forked Ghosts" of 1998, page 29 (free at http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/Fg_3.pdf ) in the third part of the book (all being downloadable at http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/Free_EoFG_MV.htm ), I explain the story of the Bréguet 1000t (2,200,000 lb!) powered by 120 engines (15 groups of height) that was completely impossible to build but was the (completely useless) "work" of French engineers not wanting to produce something good for the German army commanding there...

One day, all these will find their way into encyclopedias!  ;D
Cheers.