LCM & sails, red : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

Started by ericr, April 21, 2013, 12:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

That looks incredible ! Nie one. The resemblance to Grumman's example is uncanny. But every good Canadair engineer will tell you the 4 engined VTOL tilt wing is a bust  ;D
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

When a whif modeller invents for fun what was secretly the very best of technology, I think this modeller is close to being a genius, no? ;D  :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

kerick

Quote from: ericr on December 20, 2022, 12:24:33 PMHuey (1/24) & A400M, blue  : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

reciprocally (still quite large for storage)

Definitely a four engine Mohawk vibe!!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

the tilt-wing interpretation is beyond my ambition, but the resemblance is inspiring !

;D

ericr

Lancaster & Heyford, red  : hybrid aircraft/animals e.a.

a cyclic series of three, each giving its wings to the next :
Lancaster --> B-17G --> Heyford --> Lancaster

Tophe

scooter

Quote from: Tophe on December 28, 2022, 10:45:46 AMpleasant/funny, but heretic? ;)  ;D

Probably something Fred's Fat Bast@rdHamster would dream up.  So not quite heretical
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

jcf

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

One of the missing entries in Major Howdy Bixby's Album of Forgotten Warbirds:
Major Howdy Bixby

;D

ericr

thanks !

Major Howdy Bixby could be a source of inspiration for our whiffing community indeed !

Tophe

Quote from: jcf on December 28, 2022, 11:40:01 AMOne of the missing entries in Major Howdy Bixby's Album of Forgotten Warbirds:
And even better: ericr's creation do exist in 3D, they are "Real", yes...

Captain Canada

It's crazy how right this one looks ! Love it, and now I want one !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 28, 2022, 05:08:41 PMIt's crazy how right this one looks ! Love it, and now I want one !

In an odd way it does  ;)  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 29, 2022, 12:55:43 AM
Quote from: Captain Canada on December 28, 2022, 05:08:41 PMIt's crazy how right this one looks ! Love it, and now I want one !

In an odd way it does  ;)  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I know it's because of the engines but to me it's a biplane Avro Manchester.

A very good biplane Manchester.

Would like to see it finished in early WW2 RAF bomber colours.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter