What-if Me 262 Zerstorer FINISHED!!!

Started by matrixone, April 23, 2013, 05:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here is the other Me 262 what-if I recently finished, it was built from the 1/72 scale kit from Revell.

Like most of my models I used Model Master enamels to paint it with, some may be surprised to learn that I rarely if ever use the Model Master line of RLM shades of paint straight from the bottle...I find these to be a poor match for the known Luftwaffe colors and I will either tint them, lighten them, or darken them as needed to get a more acceptable match.
The camouflage scheme was airbrushed freehanded, only a couple areas where I needed to have a sharp line were masked.

On to the pics...

Matrixone

comrade harps

Whatever.

matrixone

Thanks comrade harps! :thumbsup:

I am happier with this Zerstorer 262 than the Nightfighter I posted pics of a few days ago.

Matrixone

sturmvogel

It certainly has a pugnatious look to it. Me gusta!
"Helos don't fly, they vibrate so hard the ground rejects them." -Tom Clancy

Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off

matrixone

This Me 262 needs Slim Fast badly. ;)

Matrixone

dumaniac

Matrixone

very nice indeed

the tiger strip is interesting

cheers Dumaniac

Spey_Phantom

now thats one mean looking Sum b*tch  :mellow:
very nicely done  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

Presumably you could use a burst from all four rearward firing guns to give you a 'War Emergency' boost to escape any pesky P-80s that you might come across?  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

I've run out of superlatives  :bow: :bow:

The second last photo is particularly good. Does look like a period colour shot found years after the event  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Great build and pics.....yet again.... :thumbsup:....I am actually performing surgery on one of the handful I picked up in the MZ sale........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

jorel62

matrixone

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Michel,
Yes this is the Revell kit, highly recommended.

Kit,
I suppose if all four of the rearward firing weapons were fired at the same time it would give a moment of extra thrust. ;)
This is one of those designs that looks okay on paper but would have been folly to use in actual combat.

About the camouflage: I wanted to do something else than the usual mottled or scribble scheme, I thought the tiger stripe style of mottling might look at home on this 1946 era aircraft. I got the idea for the tiger stripe camo from photographs of a couple of Fw 190D-9s I have seen that had some short stripes on the rear fuselage.

Next aircraft from me? Another Messerschmitt twin, but not what you probably thinking. :wacko: I have to finish up my 1/35 scale Opel Blitz truck first.

Matrixone

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

matrixone

Thanks lancer,
If you liked these pictures you will also like my just completed 1/72 scale Ostwind. ;)

Expect pics of it soon.

Matrixone