37mm Flakpanzer IV Ostwind what-if FINISHED!!!

Started by matrixone, April 28, 2013, 12:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here is that little 1/72 scale Hasegawa 'Ostwind' I finished a few days ago.

The model was built O.O.B. and painted with Model Master enamels, the camouflage pattern was airbrushed freehanded.
I am pretty sure none of the few Ostwinds  that were actually built were painted in the disc camouflage pattern.

I wanted to build this model to show my airfield had some protection from the Allied fighter bombers, lets see the P-51's and P-47's attack my airfield now. :wacko:

Quarter scale? Nope, 1/72 scale!

Matrixone

sandiego89

Excellent paint job, really like the rust and weathering. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

matrixone

Thank you sandiego89!
I have a 1/35 scale Panther in my stash and might actually build it later this year, I figure the Panther should be a little easier to put together than this 1/72 scale Ostwind.

Sadly the 1/35th scale Italeri Opel Blitz I have been working on has been a big PIA with some dodgy fit of the cab and clear parts.

Matrixone

Army of One

Excellent little build.....!!! I had visions of you using surplus cannon from the heavy 262 in some form of twin mount......love the scheme......!!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Army of One on April 28, 2013, 08:09:25 PM
Excellent little build.....!!! I had visions of you using surplus cannon from the heavy 262 in some form of twin mount......love the scheme......!!!!

Ah so an upgunned Sdkfz 251 Drilling ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thanks Army of One and NARSES2!

I don't know enough about armor to make changes to them.

My Ostwind is a what-if mainly because Hasegawa gives you the prototype and not the production version in their kit and I chose to paint and mark mine like it has been used in action.

Matrixone