North American YP-82L Tri-Stang

Started by PR19_Kit, May 02, 2013, 09:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiZac

Superb. Just superb. The shading, the flawless inclusion of extra/extended parts....it's all just so good.

*standing ovation*
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Thanks so much, I'm honoured gentlemen.

How about building an R/C version Mr. Flyer? I can send some 3 views drawings if you like?  ;) ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

That looks fantastic..... :thumbsup:......I really hope to see it at Crewe......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Modelling_Mushi

Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

JayBee

Love the contra prop on the centre nacel.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

Quote from: JayBee on February 20, 2015, 05:51:30 AM
Love the contra prop on the centre nacel.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yup standout feature on an outstanding model  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Flyer on February 20, 2015, 02:09:37 AM
Send the 3-views, I can have a flat foam representation flying by this time next week :thumbsup:

PM inbound.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

While packing the Tri-Stang for the Crewe show tomorrow I rested it on two P-51D boxes, and suddenly realised I'd not painted the anti-glare panels forward of the windscreen!  :banghead:

So it was out with the Tamiya tape and the sharp scalpel blade and the matt black paint. Except that masking the cowlings with the props, exhausts and windscreens in place was a RIGHT pain, to say the least. And to make matters worse, half way through that terrible job I broke the centre main gear leg!  :banghead: :banghead:

If there's one thing in modelling I REALLY hate its doing repairs on broken models, and repairing one that's never been seen by anyone except me is worse!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I'm waiting for paint coat #1 to dry before I even think if fixing the gear leg....

Regards
Kit

zenrat

It may be trying to tell you something...

;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Hobbes

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 19, 2015, 05:51:52 PM

The one I had was NOWHERE near as good as that set Harro! Where did you get them from please?

It's from Royal Model. I got it directly from their websiate:
http://www.royalmodel.com/en/catalogo_dettaglio.php?id_art=690

Tophe

The fate seems to refuse this model to be finished :angry:
This is probably because this Tri-Stang fighter will kill the Devil, so half of the World (Evil) is against you and hardly fight your skills. We support you, Kit, in this terrific battle... :cheers:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 21, 2015, 01:30:15 PM
If there's one thing in modelling I REALLY hate its doing repairs on broken models,

Have to agree with you there mate. They never "feel" the same again  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.