North American YP-82L Tri-Stang

Started by PR19_Kit, May 02, 2013, 09:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Love that reverted twin....what a great idea !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

martinbayer

Quote from: Tophe on October 30, 2013, 10:20:23 AM
Quote from: martinbayer on October 30, 2013, 08:52:46 AM
Kit,

I see your three and raise you one http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3108/5704508121_693ac9c2a7_z.jpg ;D

Martin
Somebody stole it... :-\ from my http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/Fake_aircraft.htm
http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/pM1170005%20.JPG
I did it with Corel Photo Paint 6 with the authorisation of the photographer.

Tophe,

my apologies - I was not aware of that, but discovered the link that I posted coincidentally (as usual, while looking for something very different :smiley:)

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

Tophe

My apologies too. I should have written everywhere my name, even if I dislike it. :-\
Like this for the YP-38L and family...:

PR19_Kit

This job has been sitting there on my Projects Shelf for WELL over a year now!

That's totally ridiculous and I'll get back on it right away.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Tophe

(Google translator told me to write it:) urrah! Hurray! Wow! Yippee! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

I've been sanding raised panel lines and the putty across the engine joint ever since I wrote that last post. Of course there's THREE of everything, and getting to the middle bits is a pain because the outside fuselages get in the way.

Which idiot designed this in the first place?                 

Ah, it was me..............  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

CSMO

This  Revell Tri-P-38/Mistel in 1/32 is NOT mine. It was entered in my local club's annual show and contest in November of this year. I posted it as its concept reminded me of this build.

Adios, Larry.

"Field Artillery brings dignity to what otherwise would be merely a vulgar brawl."

PR19_Kit

Needs a few more prop-blades on that Mistel thingie.  ;D :lol:

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Lots and LOTS of sanding on the main airframe, almost got rid of the plethora of raised panel lines now, but lots more PSR still to do.  :banghead:

I've built up the props, all four of them as two need to be melded into a contra-prop for the centre fuselage, and I've built up the myriad drop tanks, four so far but I may add some others from another P-82 kit I have handy.  ;D

Taking on board JayBee's suggestion about 'longer wings' I've started work on the extensions using the outer portions of the left over P-82. It'll need some work getting the tapers to line up but first looks seems to indicate it should work quite well.

Regards
Kit

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kerick on December 11, 2014, 05:13:24 AM
Pics Please!!!
Sounds awesome!

There's loads on the previous pages, it doesn't look much different now while I'm PSRing the darn thing.

Regards
Kit

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

McColm

Great work, might try building this with four seats instead of two.