North American YP-82L Tri-Stang

Started by PR19_Kit, May 02, 2013, 09:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Old Wombat

I guess I'm just weird but I'd have kept the centre fuselage cockpit & filled in the outer two - even more fuel & no arguments about where you're going! :wacko:

Nice build to date, by the way! :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

pyro-manic

Tandem 'pit in the middle? ;D

Looking rather good. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Tophe

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 27, 2013, 07:45:41 AM
I guess I'm just weird but I'd have kept the centre fuselage cockpit & filled in the outer two - even more fuel & no arguments about where you're going! :wacko:
Like a pond racer? Kit, have you chosen your way?

(with the help of http://www.airvectors.net/avp51_3.html#m1 )
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Mine's going to be like the 3-view on the last page. I've already filled in the centre fuselage cockpit hole with a big Milliput plug and I'll post a piccie later tonight. But the rest of it hasn't changed much apart from sanding off all the HUNDREDS of raised panel lines.

I must admit I like the look of your Pond Racer Tri-Stang Tophe.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Here's the current state of the Tri-Stang. I don't think I'll make much more progress on it before Telford now, but you never know.

As I said above the centre cockpit hole has been filled with a Milliput plug and that's been filed and sanded down to suit, and some of the panel lines have been sanded off but it's a bitch to get at some of the places I need to simply because it's such a complicated shape.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Looks great Kit..... But an important question....!!! How many guns did you settle on....???
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

That does look nice ! I'm sure it would rip apart just about anything in front of it !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Army of One on October 22, 2013, 02:27:13 PM
Looks great Kit..... But an important question....!!! How many guns did you settle on....???

Twelve, I'm keeping the standard P-82B 6 x .50s in each centre wing.

Should be enough to take out anything like a Tu-4, which would have been the potential targets of the time.

Regards
Kit

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

beautiful! keep on!

a nice variant could have been a twin-seater in the middle fuselage? with a Tucano-like cockpit?
or on one of the side fuselages to have some assimetry?
But then it would be another project ...

Army of One

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 22, 2013, 04:37:34 PM
Quote from: Army of One on October 22, 2013, 02:27:13 PM

Twelve, I'm keeping the standard P-82B 6 x .50s in each centre wing.

Should be enough to take out anything like a Tu-4, which would have been the potential targets of the time.

Many thanks Kit......and yes, you would quite right.....they'd make mincemeat of anything flying I front of it....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

JayBee

Seen on the SIG stand at Cosford 2009 was this Single-Twin Mustang. (Don't know who is the guilty party)

Then we have the Israeli Twin-Mustang recently featured here.

Now we have a Triple-Twin Mustang.

So who is going to go for the Twin-Twin Mustang as operated by "£%^$&*^&*(*()  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Yes JayBee, I liked that a LOT! Very subtle indeed, and thoughfully posed between two of mine as well.  :thumbsup:

I thought that Van had done one of them too, but in an NM scheme.

I've been giving some thought to your idea of making the wings longer (don't laugh in the back there....) and I think it has merit.

Doing some wing loading calculations brings me to the conclusion that's asking a lot of the extra wing centre section to support an ENTIRE fuselage all on its own. Not only that, the fuselage is a lot heavier than the outboard ones as it's stuffed with fuel tanks.

So I'll have to see what I can do about extending the outer wings, difficult as I don't have much experience in doing that..........  ;)

Regards
Kit

martinbayer

Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.