Do 17 to be recovered off Kentish coast

Started by Rheged, May 03, 2013, 02:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on May 06, 2013, 11:50:22 PM
Most poignant memorial I know is in a small side gallery in the Australian War Memorial.  It consists quite simply of the passport sized  enlistment photos of those who died in the Sandakan Death Marches (in Borneo, in 1945).   Simple, elegant and poignant.  I always pause for a moment's reflection when I pass.  I always get moist eyed.  So many young lives, cut short.

Went to one of the memorials in Borneo whilst I was there. Very poignant
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Rheged

Rheged

PR19_Kit

That's amazing, most impressed.  :thumbsup:

I'm NOT impressed by the stream of derogatory remarks about that on the Yahoo news channel, a more cynical lot would be hard to find. I just left an equally derogatory remark about THEM!  :angry:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Yup saw an update before I went out - well done to all involved. Now bring on the lemon juice  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Go4fun

A little buffing, paint and polish and she'll be good as new. :D
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Martin H

Quote from: Go4fun on June 11, 2013, 07:59:11 AM

funny u should say that. One of the museum guys at the recovery was heard to say......."Give us a week, and she will  be flying again!"
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Rheged

Quote from: Martin H on June 11, 2013, 09:57:10 AM
Quote from: Go4fun on June 11, 2013, 07:59:11 AM

funny u should say that. One of the museum guys at the recovery was heard to say......."Give us a week, and she will  be flying again!"

Be realistic!  Given breaks for tea and digestive biscuits, it will take at least 10 days.

Go4fun

One article has it as "Recovered in a undamaged condition". It also says it was shot down. Now I think being shot down by itself would be damaging.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

PR19_Kit

It certainly DOESN'T look undamaged! Lots of bits broken off it and it has been upside down for umpteen years too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

The I has a double page spread on the lift and the Dornier today.

Interesting all the naysayers were saying she would collapse into bits as soon as they lifted her, hasn't happened yet and touching wood (my heads straight off the tree of knowledge  ;D) she'll survive the trip to Cosford

Martin H

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 12, 2013, 07:25:28 AM
she'll survive the trip to Cosford

brave words. The poor thing now has to contend with the M-25 and some of the oldest and most worn out sections of the UK motorway network to get to Cosford lol
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

Why not fly her there underneath a Chinook? They did that with a Meteor T7 getting it to Staverton recently.

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

I was hoping they were going to bring it "up the cut" by barge, id have been able to spend an afternoon cycling beside it. :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!