Four For Telford?

Started by Gondor, May 09, 2013, 02:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

That's astonishing Alastair! Where does the radome go for take-off and landing?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 13, 2013, 01:46:46 PM
That's astonishing Alastair! Where does the radome go for take-off and landing?

According to "The Air Staff and AEW" by Chris Gibson, top left page 19, it retracts into the forward fuselage. I just noticed that in one drawing, just inside the cover, the pylon is more aerofoil in section that what I have provided, a bit too late to change now unfortunately.  :banghead:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Slight change of plans. The model of the BAC 1-11 is now white! Markings to follow after some detail painting tonight and possibly a few pictures although I may pass up doing those until she is at the Glasgow show on Saturday

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Gondor

Finished the BAC 1-11 last night so here are a couple of pictures of the finished model.

Gondor

kitnut617

Just been reading about this in 'The Air Staff & the AEW', and you've done a very nice representation of that Alastair   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Actually, the 1-11 looks really good all cleaned up like that ----
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

I know I'm late for the party but WOW ! I love the look of that ! Great work.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Army of One

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

That's excellent Alastair! Glad to be a small part of it.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

The pictures make it look better than it really is. Best displayed from the back of the stand but it does give a good representation of what the aircraft would look like. I might replace this build with a better build seeing that I do have another BAC 1-11 in the stash and now that I know what the pitfalls are. This means that I have only six months to get the next version finished and I can also aim to finish the rest of this thread by then as well.

Gondor

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Hobbes

Well done Alastair, looking forward to seeing this one in the flesh.

Mossie

Great work Alastair, nice to see the ball antenna, one of the more unusual proposals for AEW.

Got to crack on on with my Vulcan, it's taken an age to do the radome, I'll be hell for leather to get this done on time. :o
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Father Ennis

Great job on the build. I have one question ,just how does it land with that big "dingle berry"hanging ?

Gondor

Quote from: Father Ennis on October 21, 2013, 03:31:25 PM
Great job on the build. I have one question ,just how does it land with that big "dingle berry"hanging ?

There are doors beneath the forward fuselage so that the radome can be stowed inside. It means that there is no usable space forward of the wing box but that is what was proposed. There was a similar design for the VC-10 as well

Gondor