Models for the 2013 SMW Theme - Completed/Exisiting Models

Started by Thorvic, May 10, 2013, 12:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Builds 4 and 5 are now finished. At Geoff's request they are staying under wraps until the show.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Mossie

Had a major set back with the Vulcan, one of the leading edge inserts for the B.1 conversion snapped off last night, I was very nearly ready to prime her. :banghead:  I might *just* still finish her, but it's going to be very tight.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

Don't.  Just put it back in the box and leave it.  Seriously.

I've been in that position before and you only get stressed and the model suffers.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Mossie

My minds been made up for me, fixed the broken leading edge, was up until 2am repairing the damage.  Just as I'm finishing up to go to bed the other one pops out.    :banghead: :banghead:  Of course, if it happened at ten I'd have got some decent shuteye. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:  So thats it, no point busting my gut as theres zero chance I'll get it done.

It's a learning point, next time I'll pack the gap behind the insert, as the plastic flexed when I was working on it, eventually cracking.  I had continual problems with the seam showing out, I found out way.

I'll probably still bring with me and keep it behind the stand for anyone who wants to have a look, as I'm quite happy with the work I've done on the radome.  Every cloud has a silver lining, at least I can get some decent sleep and won't be knackered for the drive down on Sunday and I can take some time on some of the conversion work that I didn't have quite accurate before.  Maybe I'll even replace the tail cone as I used the kit part and made her into a B.1A to save time.  Maybe.

I'll have a look and see if can get a very quick project done I have in mind, otherwise I've nothing new to bring. :-\
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.