Started by kerick, May 13, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skunk Works

I would really like to see you have a shot at this , keep us updated !  ;D
Currently on the workbench :

Revell/Monogram SR-71 Blackbird.

Academy F-117 Nighthawk.

kerick

It is one of those ideas that keep coming back to mind. Any suggestions for a good F-23 kit in 1/72?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Skunk Works

Quote from: kerick on July 30, 2013, 11:27:25 AM
It is one of those ideas that keep coming back to mind. Any suggestions for a good F-23 kit in 1/72?

The Italeri YF-23 is pretty nice.
Currently on the workbench :

Revell/Monogram SR-71 Blackbird.

Academy F-117 Nighthawk.

pyro-manic

AFAIK it's the only option. And quite hard to find nowadays, at least for a reasonable price.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Mossie

Dragon did one as well.  Apparently it's less accurate, but goes together better than the Italeri kit.  The Italeri kit can be found in Revell and Testors boxings too.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kerick

I'll keep an eye out for either one. Thanks.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

At one time or another I had both the Italeri and the Dragon F-23 kits, and some of the parts were interchangeable! I'm not sure if I still have them, and at least one was never built, but now it could be.  ;D

I suspect a little pirating went on somewhere....
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Copyright pirating?!! In Asia?!! Aw come on now, that never happens, ........ officially.
Tophe the Wise