Main Menu

P-47N

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, May 17, 2013, 03:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Been far too cold to work in the garage around here for the last week or so, today though the sun is out and it's warmed-up a little. But today, Caroline is working late and I'm on kiddie duties.... One day, I'll get back to it.... one day  :banghead:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

And off we go....

Didn't bother with a step-by-step session for the cockpit. Just sprayed it 'dull dark green' (the correct colour for late war P-47's). Then painted and dry-brushed the details as appropriate. Only addition in here is a set of Eduard etched belts.

Took just a couple of sessions to build it. Went together without any issues to speak of, a little filler here and there and that was it. I've already 'dipped' the canopy and windshield in Kleer/Future so they're ready for masking and sticking in place. Once that's done I'll coat the whole in Tamiya acrylic glossy black (straight from the rattle-can), in preparation for the Alclad lacquers.

As ever thanks for taking the time to look, and I'll do my best to answer any questions, comments or criticism.

AFN

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

sturmvogel

Looking good so far! Will there be one in the blue/tan camo used on IAF Mustangs?
"Helos don't fly, they vibrate so hard the ground rejects them." -Tom Clancy

Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off

Daryl J.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

All construction, filling, sanding done now. Canopies masked and in-place. Will commence the rattle-can assault tomorrow morning... probably !!

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

philp

Looking forward to seeing this one finished off.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

tc2324

You can`t beat a good old Thud whif...  :thumbsup:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Assaulted with Tamiya acrylic glossy black - no airbrush, just an aerosol and a LOT of ventilation !!

AFN, next.... Alcald !!

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

FAR148

Ian,
Make sure the gloss black is fully cured and totally dry before starting your NMF.

Keep up the great work!
Steven L

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: JayBee on July 04, 2013, 03:27:39 AMIt's Ezer Wiesman's famous black P-47.  :rolleyes: :wacko: :wub: :thumbsup:

I did consider it, Jim.... but that won't surprise anyone !!  :thumbsup:

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: FAR148 on July 04, 2013, 12:44:03 PMIan,
Make sure the gloss black is fully cured and totally dry before starting your NMF.

Keep up the great work!
Steven L

Absolutely, Steven. I've had Alclad 'issues' once or twice before because of my own impatience. Thing is, it's winter here and I know from experience that Alclad doesn't like cold temperatures at all, so when I do spray it will need to be at least 15deg with the door open in my garage.

Whilst I'm waiting for that 15deg, the base-coat will be happily drying/curing in the background !!

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

perttime

The P-47 hasn't been a favorite of mine --- but I might still change my mind  :lol:

NARSES2

Ian it looks stunning just in it's base coat  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.