all yellow Fw-190

Started by Allan, May 18, 2013, 10:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

I've been reading Closterman's book for the umpteenth time, the expanded version and, noticing that I have a 1/72 Italeri 190 in my cupboard of unmade models, thought that after I've finished my Raiden I will build it and paint it all yellow, suitably weathered to within an inch of its life of course, to represent the plane supposedly flown by Graf as recounted by Closterman in his marvellous, spellbinding and unforgettable memoirs of his time in the RAF
I wonder what the markings would have looked like if he actually flew such a plane????
Allan in Canberra

Allan

here's the start of this plane.....a quick build I hope with not too much detail added
Allan in Canberra

dumaniac

Allan

a Fw190 in yellow will be a very pretty kite

looking forward to this project

cheers

Bernie

Army of One

I have seen a build of an all yellow Würger in a mag before.....sure it had red trim and American markings.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Allan

slowly getting there
Allan in Canberra

Army of One

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Allan

more photos   decals next, then some weathering, but not too much
Allan in Canberra

dumaniac

wwoooowwwwwww - nice yellow

Spey_Phantom

*singing* "we all fly in a yellow focke-wulf, yellow focke-wulf,yellow focke-wulf....."

looks good already, i would have added some tigerstripes  :lol:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Tophe

This is surprising, and a good use of a remaining yellow-paint tin.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Allan

Here she is finished with all her flaws...it's the Italeri kit and I don't think I'll build it again as the undercarriage is just too fiddly...I left off the undercarriage leg links and may never attach them......the yellow paint is gloss and then matted and I added some decals that I had lying around...got some paint on the canopy and just couldn't remove it...must do better masking next time....weathering was with pastels and some charcoal and the tailwheel was painted with pencil lead, a good technique that ensures a sharp line...extra long wing cannon barrels just for fun
Allan in Canberra

NARSES2

Come out really well mate  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

dumaniac

Allan

that looks great

and I got that book too

nice job

Bernie

lancer

Oh that looks incredibly awsome!! The killer canary....
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

dumaniac

Hi Allan

I just love the yellow

so what is the story behind the yellow Fw ?

I like the suggestion of tiger strips - I can't see the germans having a yellow tiger strip FW - but maybe the yanks had one after the war - for air shows ? maybe

so my option might be the yellow-and-black tiger strip in US markings

cheers

Bernie