Modelsvit

Started by chrisonord, May 22, 2013, 09:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

That'd be a 'Bull Book' then?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Tu-91, an aircraft tailor made for the Thomas the Tank Engine universe, it already has a face.  ;D :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

That Tu-4 testbed looks sick - be it real or not. A Bear was probably too expensive...  ;)

Mossie

Just spotted the parts count for the Kh-22 in the Blinder kit, 28 parts.  I'm assuming it includes a handling trolley, otherwise :blink:!

Does anyone know what the Modelsvit kits are like to build?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

albeback

Quote from: Madoc on November 26, 2015, 10:37:13 AM
Just found this one of the Boot & Bull combo.

Wow!! I have GOT to get one of those!! :lol:. Don't suppose there is a kit of the TU-4 though? I'm pretty sure it's not just a case of sticking Red Stars on a B-29! : :unsure:
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

The Wooksta!

Aerofoil section is apparently different on the Tu 4.  More efficient, supposedly.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: albeback on November 28, 2015, 02:15:06 PM

Wow!! I have GOT to get one of those!! :lol:. Don't suppose there is a kit of the TU-4 though? I'm pretty sure it's not just a case of sticking Red Stars on a B-29! : :unsure:

There are conversion sets made by Olimp, you need an Academy B-29 to put the parts onto though.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=&code=&product_type_id=&scale_id=956&keyword_search=Tu-4&setPerPage=25&currency_id=

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Would all that many notice if you did just that?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

albeback

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 28, 2015, 04:22:49 PM

:lol: Probably not, now you come to think of it!

Allan

sandiego89

Quote from: albeback on November 28, 2015, 10:37:17 PM

Allan

I would say that any B-29 kit is by far the best option for making a TU-4.  Not aware of any airfoil differences.  The largest difference that would need to be done are the cannon armament (only 2 guns per turret for the TU-4) and ensure you put de-icing boots on the leading edges, which not all B-29's had.  Easy enough to make, just paint the leading edges black in the right places.  The engines were also different, but likely not worth the modeling hassle to re-do the engine faces. A few very minor aerial changes. 

I vote change the 50. cals for (fewer) cannon in each turret and the tail, de-icing boots and put on the red stars- and call it a TU-4.  Good enough for 99% of us. 

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

albeback

Quote from: sandiego89 on November 29, 2015, 01:13:07 AM
Quote from: albeback on November 28, 2015, 10:37:17 PM

Allan

I would say that any B-29 kit is by far the best option for making a TU-4.  Not aware of any airfoil differences.  The largest difference that would need to be done are the cannon armament (only 2 guns per turret for the TU-4) and ensure you put de-icing boots on the leading edges, which not all B-29's had.  Easy enough to make, just paint the leading edges black in the right places.  The engines were also different, but likely not worth the modeling hassle to re-do the engine faces. A few very minor aerial changes. 

I vote change the 50. cals for (fewer) cannon in each turret and the tail, de-icing boots and put on the red stars- and call it a TU-4.  Good enough for 99% of us. 

Well, for sure once the engines are all cowled up I don't think anybody would be any the wiser. Besides, as a test bed aircraft, the TU-4 illustrated would surely have all armament removed anyway. Be good enough for me!! :thumbsup:

Allan

Dizzyfugu

I wonder how the rear end of the engine testbed looks like? Judging the front end position, the two exhaust pipes should end up somewhere at the Tu-4 wings ' training edge - woukd there be a teardrop-shaped end of the fuselage? It looks as if any Tu-91 element was placed above the wings, and the Tu-4 landing gear received just a closed front end to the original, remioved engine nacelle?

Dizzyfugu

Another new one: the Yak-140 interceptor prototype.

...and the slightly odd Yak-1000 with its rhomboid wings and the semi-retractable main wheel:

PR19_Kit

I like that Yak-140, looks like a single engine Yak-25, which is hardly surprising I suppose.

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

The Yak 140 looks to be an ideal basis for a kitbash into the Hawker P.1067 Demon...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic