Modelsvit

Started by chrisonord, May 22, 2013, 09:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

How much steel reinforcing would the kit need to make that work?  ;D ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

kitnut617

None Brian, I've got a couple of the big A-Model kits and the fuselages are pre-made in fibreglass-resin (it's the reason the kits are so expensive, they're all hand laid --), all you do is glue on the front nose/cockpit and the tail planes.  The interiors come as vacuform parts so having the nose down or up is not a problem.  The An-124 is only slightly bigger than a Lockheed C-5, and I've got two of those in 1/72 scale (and two Boeing 747's in 1/72 too) so eventually I'll get one of these (when I've taken out a mortgage  ---  ;D )
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: rickshaw on August 19, 2013, 06:38:26 PM
Any idea as to availability of those kits?  Possible sources?  I know their earlier SU-7 goes for silly money on Evilbay.   :banghead:

AFAIK, they're not available yet. I got my early Su-7 from eBay the moment they came out. It was rather pricey for a 1/72 kit then, but not unreasonably so.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

lancer

Where oh WHERE can you get hold of these little beauties????
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

chrisonord

The mig analogues and the su-7's are already available from Modelsua, I get his news letter. not too badly priced either.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: chrisonord on August 20, 2013, 12:50:57 PM
The mig analogues and the su-7's are already available from Modelsua, I get his news letter. not too badly priced either.
Chris.

Well, that was quick. I swear they still had a "soon" tag yesterday. It's nice to see "soon" actually meaning "soon" for once.  :lol:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

chrisonord

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on August 20, 2013, 04:40:39 PM
Quote from: chrisonord on August 20, 2013, 12:50:57 PM
Chris.

Well, that was quick. I swear they still had a "soon" tag yesterday. It's nice to see "soon" actually meaning "soon" for once.  :lol:
My order is already in for an analogue, looking forward to it arriving, and sticking lots of ordnance under those wings
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Captain Canada

Wow....some of those big-wing Migs would be neat to see !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

They're all in Hannants now, which means they're probably available from other UK sources as well:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?search=modelsvit
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Blimey!  :o

Look at the prices of the An-124 and the Tu-144, both over £400.00............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Well if you do buy one you can be sure you'd have a unique kit.  That's because all the big kits have a fibreglass/resin fuselage mostly moulded as one (got the An-22 in the stash) and are hand-laid individually, so not every one is exactly the same as the next one

PR19_Kit

Are they related to the A Model ones? That's exactly how they are made too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Double wow is right.....400 pound ? There goes that dream !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 15, 2013, 02:27:58 PM
Are they related to the A Model ones? That's exactly how they are made too.

I think I've got confused because I thought that's who we were on about.

But if you go on their website, it's only $400, but who's dollar that is I'm not sure ---

EDIT (a bit later): OK, revise that thought, this review shows it's produced exactly the same way as A Model does their big kits.  It's possible the two companies are using the same guys to do them because the sprue layout for the injection parts has the same style

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/ms/kit_ms_7201.shtml

Dizzyfugu

Just got my MiG Analogue specimen, bought it from modelsua via ebay - excellent seller. Kit looks decent. It's not cheap, but on par with, let's say, earlier KoPro kits. Well detailed, looking forward to build it - might end up as a military aircraft in tactical cammo and with some light missiles under its beautiful wings.