chrisonord

All I can say is wow, but twice. Wow at the kit and WOW at the price. :o
http://modelsua.com/Tu-144-Tupolev-SST-NATO-Charger-1-72-Modelsvit-7203.html
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

rickshaw

I just noticed this kit at modelsue as well.  It'd be an amazing one to have but where could you display it?  Bomcordski?   :o
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Mossie on May 23, 2013, 01:49:36 AM
There's a link to an 1/72 An-124 on the same page, similar price tag:
http://modelsua.com/Antonov-An-124-Ruslan-1-72-Modelsvit-7201.html

And a review in Russian, includes a lot of pics:
http://scalemodels.ru/articles/5388-obzor-ModelSvit-1-72-an-124-100-ruslan---bylinnyjj-bogatyr.html

I saw one of those at the recent Gloucester Show, it was GINORMOUS!  :o

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Who buy and builds such things?

Mossie

There's a guy in the UK who does, I think he heads up the Soviet Aircraft SIG in IPMS UK.  I was talking to him at the Huddersfield show, he's built several of the big A-Model aircraft.  Other than that I haven't seen many, I guess most of them are stash fodder!

As well as cost, one of the big problems is storage space of course.  With our tiny houses in the UK (and most of Europe) it can be a struggle to find space to put them, I have a Vulcan on the go at the moment and I'm going to have to re-think my model space just to display it.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Mossie on May 23, 2013, 08:18:23 AM
There's a guy in the UK who does, I think he heads up the Soviet Aircraft SIG in IPMS UK.  I was talking to him at the Huddersfield show, he's built several of the big A-Model aircraft.  Other than that I haven't seen many, I guess most of them are stash fodder!

Thyt IS the same guy who had the An-124 at Glos.

OGL and I saw his 1/72 A Model Brabazon at MIK last year. And I can't remember his name either!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

ChernayaAkula

Was it Ken "Flankerman" Duffey, maybe? HERE'S his website. The Il-102 in the foreground and the Pack Plane in the background seem familiar.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

lancer

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 23, 2013, 06:59:09 AM
Who buy and builds such things?

For those 2 I would.. If, of course, I had the space and the money...Wel space wise I guess I could always hang them on the ceiling in the living room...

Now a TU144 and Concorde both in 1:72 scale would look pretty damm awsome...
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PR19_Kit

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on May 23, 2013, 09:19:19 AM
Was it Ken "Flankerman" Duffey, maybe? HERE'S his website. The Il-102 in the foreground and the Pack Plane in the background seem familiar.

Yep, that's the guy. He must have a hangar to keep all that lot in!

Regards
Kit

McGreig

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on May 23, 2013, 09:19:19 AM
Was it Ken "Flankerman" Duffey, maybe?

Yes that's Ken Duffey's An-124 model. He's the deputy leader of the Soviet Aircraft SIG (the leader is actually me, but nobody notices because I only manage to build one Hobby Boss Yak-3 for every two of Ken's Tu-95 Bears - - -  :rolleyes:).

He was given the Brabazon by the manufacturers as a review sample. When he brought the unbuilt kit to Milton Keynes two years ago our table had the most visitors ever, but none of them came to see the Soviet Aircraft display, they all wanted to look at the **!!##// Brabazon!! (and, despite my pleading, he refused to finish it in Aeroflot colours).

If he finishes the An-124 for Scale Modelworld, I'm going to use it as a shelf to display my Yak-3s and lend-lease Spitfires  :wacko:

NARSES2

I'd not seen Ken's finished Brabazon so thanks for the link ChernayaAkula
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ChernayaAkula

Following up their early 1/72 Su-7, here are two more members of the Fitter family:

And, also in 1/72, two kits just begging to be whiffed into operational military aircraft, two incarnations of the MiG "Analog" development aircraft:

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

rickshaw

Any idea as to availability of those kits?  Possible sources?  I know their earlier SU-7 goes for silly money on Evilbay.   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Magic, I just luuuuurve that Analog thingie!  :wub:

Oh yeah, Ken Duffy had the An-124 finished at the Avon Show recently. It looks even bigger when it's painted, but he wants them to bring out another one, this time with the visor up and the rear doors open as he says you can't do that with the current version.

Regards
Kit