Modelsvit

Started by chrisonord, May 22, 2013, 09:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandiego89

And it looks like the trusty crew sat right next to the shaft!  Fun times  :o

Agree lots of WHIF potential with this "beauty".

-Dave

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

The Wooksta!

Imagine that in Indian or Libyan markings...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

KiwiZac

How the heck can you out-ugly the Gannet? That thing is madness. Awesome!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

jcf

Madoc

Glad to see the Boot getting some injected styrene love.  No matter what, it's bound to be better than Igor's Unicraft rendering.

Now, if you wanna do a real what if, adapt the Boot fuselage to replace the starboard inboard engine and nacelle on a Tu-4.  Apparently the Tupelov gang wanted to do as full up a test of the Boot, its engines, and its systems as they could.  And they decided it would be more aerodynamic if they simply bolted on the entire fuselage of one in place of that engine and nacelle on a Tu-4.

I first saw this in Gordon Yefim's new Tu-4 book.  Quite the... striking... imagery!  And it just cries out for being modeled - the world's ugliest airplane grafted into the wing of a Soviet copy of a B-29!
Wherever you go, there you are!

Weaver

Lose the tail turret (ECM radome instead?), fit un-swept tail surfaces with an un-filleted fin a bit further forwards, credit it to Boulton-Paul or Bristol and put in it Fleet Air Arm markings.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

rickshaw

1/72 Tupolev Tu-22KD Blinder-B:

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Librarian

....and a dream comes true. An accurate 'Awl' at last, albeit 1/72. Consistently an absolute favourite of mine. Now an accurate B-1b in the same scale PLEEEEZE :bow:.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Madoc

Just found this one of the Boot & Bull combo.

McColm

That's got me thinking :banghead:

PR19_Kit

They actually DID it??  :unsure:  :o

Only in the USSR.......  ;D :lol: ;)

Or is that Photoshopped?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 26, 2015, 12:16:56 PM
They actually DID it??  :unsure:  :o

Only in the USSR.......  ;D :lol: ;)

Or is that Photoshopped?

I don't know and I have looked through Red Star Volume7 on the Tu-4 Bull but could see no picture of it but it could be mentioned in the text somewhere. Of course it could all be bull

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Madoc

Gondor,

Nope, not one of his Red Star books.

Rather, it's the new Tu-4 book he recently put out.

http://www.amazon.com/Tupolev-Tu-4-Soviet-Strategic-Bomber/dp/0764347977