Modelsvit

Started by chrisonord, May 22, 2013, 09:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

Just ordered three of the Mirage 4000's. One may be real world that I saw at Farnbourgh if I can resist the WHIF Force, not sure about the others, might do a two seater but more likely Saudi, Moroccan, Australian, Austrian, Swiss? Maybe even a French in service one? Oh forgot Brazil!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

rickshaw

Where did you order it from, please?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Green Dragon

"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

chrisonord

I have just ordered one, was going to order a couple but, restrained myself as I am sure Igor in the Ukraine wil get some in at some stage
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Quote from: Weaver on April 23, 2018, 03:20:04 PM
Hannants now have the Mirage 4000 in stock:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MSVIT72052

They are very nice looking kits too, I got mine last month f on an ebay seller in France.

chrisonord

Modelsvit have been asking people via their Facebook page, if they should make a 1/72nd scale AN-225, and what sort of price would people expect to pay for one, so who knows, they might just make one.
Chris

PR19_Kit

Quote from: chrisonord on May 14, 2018, 10:58:19 PM

Modelsvit have been asking people via their Facebook page, if they should make a 1/72nd scale AN-225, and what sort of price would people expect to pay for one, so who knows, they might just make one.
Chris

That would be ENORMOUS! And very expensive no doubt.

But I still like the idea.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

I would be interested to see one done, not something I could own let alone build, in my current situation, but I think I could come up with a few what if ideas for one.
Three giant daisy cutters in the hold and one under each wing, for a bit of terra forming :wacko:
Chris

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 15, 2018, 05:28:10 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on May 14, 2018, 10:58:19 PM

Chris

That would be ENORMOUS! And very expensive no doubt.

But I still like the idea.  ;D

4' wingspan according to my calculations.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

Modelsvit have announced that they are going to produce the AN-225 in 1-72nd scale, no idea on cost as yet, but I dare say it will be dear.
Chris

Weaver

1/48th Curtiss XP-55 Ascender: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MSVIT48008

1/72nd Mirage IIIE, complete with some interesting stores including an AN-52 tac nuke and ECM pods: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MSVIT72045

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

I thought I was going to have to order an XP-55.  But thankfully for my bank account it's the wrong scale.
Phew.
:angry:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on December 24, 2018, 03:20:21 AM

I thought I was going to have to order an XP-55.  But thankfully for my bank account it's the wrong scale.
Phew.
:angry:

Someone does a 1/72 XP-55 'cos I've got one, but I can't remember who made it and I'm 120 miles away at the moment.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit