Modelsvit

Started by chrisonord, May 22, 2013, 09:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Reaing the description makes me wonder what "detachable wing consoles" are  :-\  :unsure:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 21, 2020, 09:28:24 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on January 21, 2020, 08:58:33 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 21, 2020, 08:27:19 AM
Gosh, a bargain, only £470!  :o :o

Only GBP376 if I buy it   ;D

That's 'cos you don't have to pay our VAT, but I guess your Customs may charge you duty etc.

Yeah, 20% less for us but you're right, there will be some duty to pay that's for sure.  Most expensive kit I've bought so far is the Blackbird (formerly Delta Aviation, formerly ID Models) 1/72 C-5 Galaxy, with postage it cost me just over C$300 and that was back 15 years ago. The Combat Models C-5 I got was a C$100 cheaper.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

jcf

Quote from: Gondor on January 21, 2020, 02:00:50 PM
Reaing the description makes me wonder what "detachable wing consoles" are  :-\  :unsure:

Gondor

Probably just machine translation, most likely it simply means that the wings are detachable after assembly.

Green Dragon

Modelsvit are re-releasing the Mirage 4000 as a bomb truck variant with extra sprues including drop tanks, laser guided bombs and tracking pod. Probably get at least one to go with my three fighter ones.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

NARSES2

Hannants have the 225 in their New Arrivals. It's not the £521.99 price tag that throws me as much as they have 5+ in stock ?

They expect to sell 5 to 9 ?  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I'll bet they're not on the usual Modelsvit shelves there, the box will be WAY too long!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Mirage  2000 c in 72nd scale  has just been released.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Nick

Modelsvit have just announced on Facebook 3 new kits for this summer.
https://www.facebook.com/1854784001457309/posts/2954985561437142/

1/72
Mirage IIICJ
3 Israeli schemes, 1 South Africa and 1 Argentina.

Mirage IIIO
Lots of Australian choice here, 3 Camo and 2 Grey schemes.

In 1/48 a Yak-9D or Yak-9O, hard to tell from the box font.

scooter

Quote from: Nick on May 05, 2021, 12:55:13 PM

1/72
Mirage IIICJ

Mirage IIIO

9D(elta)...at least according to Scalemates
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Gondor

Quote from: Nick on May 05, 2021, 12:55:13 PM

1/72
Mirage IIICJ

Mirage IIIO

Saw the two Mirage kits and will end up getting at least one of each.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

Modelsvit are currently working on a 1/72nd Mirage G8-01 (swing-wings, two engines, two seats) and have just released test shots:

https://hobbyzero.com/news/mirage-g8-01-test-shots/

If they go on to do the single-seat version (as looks likely from the parts breakdown), it'll be a case of:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Nick

Quote from: Weaver on April 07, 2024, 03:04:06 PMModelsvit are currently working on a 1/72nd Mirage G8-01 (swing-wings, two engines, two seats) and have just released test shots:

https://hobbyzero.com/news/mirage-g8-01-test-shots/

If they go on to do the single-seat version (as looks likely from the parts breakdown)

I looked at Hannants website. They have the Mirage G8-02 listed in Future Releases as 72057. The photo is of the single seat version.
The difference between the 2 aircraft is that the rear cockpit was covered over and used for avionics.

Over on Britmodeller it seems these should be out for September  :rolleyes:

Weaver

Quote from: Nick on April 07, 2024, 04:20:17 PMThe difference between the 2 aircraft is that the rear cockpit was covered over and used for avionics.

I think there was more to it than that, despite what French Secret Projects 1 says. Looking at photos, it seems to me that the G8-02's single cockpit was slightly further back than the -01's front cockpit, and the -02 definitely had a longer and slimmer nose in front of the cockpit.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

It's got a distinct MiG 23 feel to it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 08, 2024, 04:45:48 AMIt's got a distinct MiG 23 feel to it.

I can see where your coming from
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.