What, Freightdog is doing a whif conversion? Available at Coventry....

Started by Freightdog862, May 23, 2013, 05:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

I'm pleased to say I was able to help Mike out with his Stratosearchers.

He needed to know the time frames for the two time scales he was modelling them in and as luck would have it I was living at RAF Topcliffe at the time the RAF was firming up on its choice of white top with blue lightning stripes as a Transport Command colour scheme. We were up to our necks (not that that was very high as I was only 8-9 at the time!  ;D) in Hastings, Valettas and a few Neptunes there, and the Hastings were in the above scheme and the Valettas were mostly NM all over.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 30, 2013, 03:12:41 AM

Yup you are credited on his blog
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 30, 2013, 07:30:32 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 30, 2013, 03:12:41 AM

Yup you are credited on his blog

Cor, I must thank him for that.  :thumbsup:

Mike's one of the original Whiffers in the UK, and a great bloke to boot.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Freightdog862

Mike has had four sets off me so far, so two more builds to follow!

Colin

Weaver

OI!

You can't go telling the world how many kits and bits modellers have had off you Colin: you could get them into all sorts of domestic trouble!  ;D

The relationship between a retailer and a modeller should be like that of a priest in the confessional: sacred and confidential (even though a junkie and his dealer would be a more appropriate analogy.....)  ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Freightdog862

Its OK, the first was a 'review' sample, so he's only had three....

Normally I would follow strict client confidentially, but we all know Mike likes building fast and in bulk!

Colin

Martin H

I wouldn't worry Harold.
Mike turned up at the Avon show yesterday with his dear lady in tow. He describes her as "very understanding". Where as his daughter, according to Mike describes modeling as "no hobby for a grown man"........................
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Geoff

Whereas SWMBO when asked if I could have a SAR helicopter told me.
"No, you are not old enough!"
OK it was a Lego one I confess!!!!!!!!

Steel Penguin

as opposed to Mrs Spackman whos trying to get Kit to purchase a 1:1 scale helo for the front garden  :blink:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Steel Penguin on August 12, 2013, 11:37:39 AM
as opposed to Mrs Spackman whos trying to get Kit to purchase a 1:1 scale helo for the front garden  :blink:

She has been for years, goodness knows how we'd get THAT past the planning authorities, not to mention our neighbours!  :o

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

simples! you fly it in low up the severn under the Radar screen!
fait acomply, and coup du gras and all that jazz
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!