I can't understand a word they're saying but some lovely footage

Started by rickshaw, May 24, 2013, 08:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Logan Hartke

Who needs to understand what they're saying when the music's that awesome.  ;D  Those overhead taxiing shots of the Viggen are pretty awesome.

I have to say, the Swedish Chef from the Muppets ruined how the rest of the world hears Swedish.  :lol:

Cheers,

Logan

Weaver

Wonder if they did the same to that EC-135 that they used to do to the Nimrod R.1s?

Allegedly what would happen is that an R.1 would often show up "coincidentally" at the same time as a Marineflieger F-104G took a spin up the Baltic coast "accidentally" a tad too far to the east. The Swedes would go up to intercept the R.1 with a couple of Viggens to "demonstrate sovereignty" and make sure it wasn't doing anything naughty, while "coincidentally" a Flygvapnet Caravelle or later Korpen (Gulfstream IV) would be in trail 3 miles behind it, "accidentally" soaking up all the same electrons that the 104 had just provoked...... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Hobbes

That roadside base would make for a nice diorama, with the 'door' and 'roof' made of trees stuck on a frame ...