Supermarine Jetfire MkI

Started by andrewj, June 06, 2013, 12:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandiego89

Great execution!.  Like this very much.  Would like to see more variants of this- maybe some tattered, heavily used birds.

Can you provide what kits you used?  Is the nose scratch? Meteor? 262?  Really like the nose guns
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

andrewj

Thanks everyone , I really appreciate the positive comments. The build consists of an Airfix Spitfire 22/24 in an unholy marriage with a Monogram 262 , aided and abetted by a large box of Milliput, the nose is mostly Milliput.

Andrew

Tophe

Very beautiful! :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:
Will you adapt the Griffon 22/24 nose to what remains of the Me-262? ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

kitnut617

I can't add much more than what everyone has already said Andrew ---  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Gondor

Wonderful machine. Any chance of a picture of the underside to see how you did the main undercarriage?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

MichelC

I just finished reading an excerpt of Brown's 'Wings of The Luftwaffe' book, published as an article in the latest issue of FlyPast. About his experience flying the He 162. OK, that was after the end of the hostilities. Still, an amazing character. I've got to get the book, read it in its entirety.

Again, very nice build, congrats!

M

RAFF-35

Beautiful... Simply beautiful.... Well done you
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

Army of One

What a great build......love it......!!!  :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

rickshaw

Quote from: kitnut617 on June 07, 2013, 10:44:37 AM
I can't add much more than what everyone has already said Andrew ---  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hear! Hear!   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Alvis 3.14159

Amazing. I've seen several variations of a jet Spitfire done, tried a few myself but never completed any of those, and this is on that just plain works! Combining the racehorse lines of the Spitfire with the sharklike looks of the 262 is no easy task, and yet, there it is!

Kudos!

Alvis Pi

andrewj

Quote from: Gondor on June 07, 2013, 10:52:16 AM
Wonderful machine. Any chance of a picture of the underside to see how you did the main undercarriage?

Gondor

I haven't got a pic at the moment ,but the undercarriage is pure 262 , as I used the complete 262 centre section to the outer edge of the engines, seemed simpler to do that way.

Andrew

dumaniac

being a 262 nutter - this looks lovely

top build

PR19_Kit

Quote from: andrewj on June 08, 2013, 12:47:24 AM
Quote from: Gondor on June 07, 2013, 10:52:16 AM

Gondor

I haven't got a pic at the moment ,but the undercarriage is pure 262 , as I used the complete 262 centre section to the outer edge of the engines, seemed simpler to do that way.

Andrew

Almost anything would be better than the awful levered main landing gear that the Meteor has normally. I know why it's like that, they didn't have space for anything else, but it's still a pain to model.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit