Supermarine Jetfire MkI

Started by andrewj, June 06, 2013, 12:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Excellent!  I shall now consign my stalled attempt at something similar but based on an old FROG Me262 to the bin!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Devilfish

Quote from: JayBee on June 06, 2013, 12:39:38 PM
One of the better Jet Spitfire variants that I have ever seen.

Well done.   :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:

Jim

I'd go one better and say the best I have ever seen! Well done! :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Quote from: kitbasher on June 09, 2013, 05:52:12 AM
Excellent!  I shall now consign my stalled attempt at something similar but based on an old FROG Me262 to the bin!

Don't do that, dude! :o

Make it into a tank-killer! :wacko:

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

tc2324

Another worthy contender for the whiffies and as mentioned, probably the best looking Jetfire seen.  :bow:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Gondor

Quote from: andrewj on June 08, 2013, 12:47:24 AM

I haven't got a pic at the moment ,but the undercarriage is pure 262 , as I used the complete 262 centre section to the outer edge of the engines, seemed simpler to do that way.

Andrew

Thank you very much for that information Andrew

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

wuzak

It looks so right you wonder why it wasn't done.

FWIW, the British did have an axial flow jet in the works - the Metropolitan Vickers F.2. This first flew in November 1943 on Gloster Meteor DG204/G.

Metrovicks had started with a turboprop, the F.1, but this was abandoned to be redeveloped as the F.2 turbojet when Whittle showed his pure jet turbine. The F.2 was though to be too unreliable to be put into production, but it led, eventualy, to the Armstrong-Siddeley Sapphire.