Whiffs found on Facebook

Started by philp, June 08, 2013, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Hahaahha!!!! And I thought the DC 8-60s were long.  ;D 
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Wow that's something else, right there! Nutty so of course I dig it.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Scotaidh

In 1994-1995 the Aerosud company re-engined a SAAF Mirage F.1 with a Klimov RD-33 afterburning jet (as used in the MiG-29 "Fulcrum") and rewired the wing pylons to fire AA-11 "Archer" missiles. The rebuilt plane, called SuperMirage, was successful but South Africa decided to instead retire the whole Mirage F.1 fleet in 1997 and divert the upgrade funds to buying more Gripens.

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Dizzyfugu

Interesting concept - could find takers in South America!

TheChronicOne

By Chris Holt found on the "The Mediocre Modelers group" page.

"Not really authentic markings and camo but I like it. 😄"

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

I'm not a huge armor guy but between that last blue schemed tank and this thing.... I'm considering throwing in.....

By Don Williams found on the "DesTROYer's Models" page.

"Well here it is the Peter Knight cancer color tribute build complete except for 2 flags and antennae on the back and 2 headlights . I hope you like it Pete and Sue-Annah but I've yet to start the ANUBIS ABRAMS build but needed to finish this as I felt I was letting the side down RIP PETE"

(chrome wheels on this.. HA!  don't miss that detail; I almost did!)

This one is public: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DesTROYersModels/permalink/3393484947334889/
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

I'm always fixated on colors. I love colors.... this one caught my eye as it has a similar pallete and scheme as Zenrat's Mystery Box build that he has going.

By Pieter Declercq('s nine year old daughter) found on the "The Mediocre Modelers group" page.

"My nine year old daughter build and tuned this spitfire with my help. It's missus Fire now"

"Mrs. Fire," no doubt, is a very cool build, especially for a 9 year old!
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

This is a much lesser known page and a rather niche source for subjects but they post to the more mainstream pages. I say that simply because I could have linked to one of those more mainstream pages but I think it's worthwhile to go straight to the source and perhaps give this gentleman/them (father & son I do believe) some more traffic for their wares. They have all sorts of things and in fact I think "regular" aircraft, of which I'm about to post, are some of the rarer things. For instance, this is one project:

Link to the page: https://www.facebook.com/Steamgeezer/

Anyway, on to the actual what-if matters..... I'm going to combine two into one. These are a couple of WWII era Star Wars fighters.

All by Steamgeezer and Son Independent Traders found on their page of the same name.

"Today at Badgerworks, the Press Officer is pleased to present the followup to last weeks "Red Five" Curtiss Tomahawk, the adversary of course being one Darth Vader, who would naturally have the latest and greatest fighter aircraft the Empire had to offer - the first ever operational jet fighter; the Messerschmidt ME262.

Build Video - https://youtu.be/dzUBQnIcYIY"

Now, for the prequel.....  they mention a Tomahawk, so here it is:

:mellow:  I dig the replacement panel...

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Thanks Brad C.
:thumbsup:

I do like the chrome roadwheels on the tank and the Spit.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on April 09, 2020, 10:09:45 PM

"My nine year old daughter build and tuned this spitfire with my help. It's missus Fire now"

The UK guys will have heard this tale before, but it bears repeating in this context.

My eldest daughter (NOT the one who's the RAF's Best etc. etc.....) built an Airfix Spitfire IX at about the same age, painting it all over pink underneath and green and blue camo on top.

But the wings were swapped left to right and were upside down so the landing gear stuck up alongside the cockpit.  :o

When I asked her why they were like that, she gave me a look of total scorn and said 'Because otherwise the pilot wouldn't know if his wheels were up or down Daddy!'  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 10, 2020, 05:02:43 AM
But the wings were swapped left to right and were upside down so the landing gear stuck up alongside the cockpit.  :o

When I asked her why they were like that, she gave me a look of total scorn and said 'Because otherwise the pilot wouldn't know if his wheels were up or down Daddy!'  ;)

;D ;D ;D The innocent wisdom of children! We need more of it in this world.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Some great finds ! Love that Tomcat.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

Folks have more time to post stuff so a lot of good builds coming up recently. Love that Israeli F-20 and the Tomcats on the previous page, the tanks also look very good, very different from the norm.  :thumbsup:
That Mirage F-1 looks very good with that nose... and that reminds me a i do have a spare nose in PJ Mirage III box that looks just like that... :wacko:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."