Whiffs found on Facebook

Started by philp, June 08, 2013, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 12, 2020, 05:32:38 AM

That P-38 kinda works  :thumbsup:

Hm,yes. 1 x P-38  kit + 2 x Yak 15 kits and you've got it.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

It would be  quite a  formidable thing too
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

ericr

Tophe

Quote from: Scotaidh on April 12, 2020, 05:04:32 AM

Those Photoshop pictures signed DH are also presented on tonton42's Facebook page, could you tell us what is the very source? (with maybe the whole collection of DH pictures, not De Havilland but some web creator).
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Scotaidh

Quote from: Tophe on April 12, 2020, 08:37:52 AM
Quote from: Scotaidh on April 12, 2020, 05:04:32 AM

Those Photoshop pictures signed DH are also presented on tonton42's Facebook page, could you tell us what is the very source? (with maybe the whole collection of DH pictures, not De Havilland but some web creator).

It was posted by a David Holmes in the FB :AIRCRAFT THAT NEVER WERE AND WHAT IFs GROUP".  That's about all I can see.
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TheChronicOne

That is so cool..... I'd like to hear it.  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

dumaniac

That looks so right - I got the jumo's - I just have to save up for a Lightning

Ahhhhhh - so many ideas, so little time

Dizzyfugu

And where goes the main landing gear? I also have serious doubts about the anatomy around the exhausts and the tail booms. While I like the basic concept I find it pretty fishy - Photoshop whifs frequently fail when you take a closer look.  :o

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 12, 2020, 06:41:41 AM

Hm,yes. 1 x P-38  kit + 2 x Yak 15 kits and you've got it.  :thumbsup:

Undercarriage would be tricky as Yak 15s were tail draggers.
However, if you used Yak 23's you would have an undercarriage bay in the nose of each engine nacelle and could add a single tail wheel in the tail of the pilots nacelle.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

The main gear might fit in the sides of the engine nacelles, like the outriggers on a Vautour.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Must admit I hadn't thought about practicalities, but you could have the main gear placed in the wings between the engine pods and the fuselage. Retracting in towards the fuselage and perhaps partially laying within the pod it'self ?

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Think about it logically.  The engines would be ahead of the main gear bays anyway.  If it's a US aircraft it'd likely be centrifugal (and British) in the time frame.  Birfurcated exhausts a la Sea Hawk.  Basically, airframewise, very little change from reality.

Simples.

Only a German engineer would come up with a different landing gear set up and over engineer it to hell.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Rat

From one Bill Schuler on the Revell VINTAGE Models - Authentic Kits page:

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr