Whiffs found on Facebook

Started by philp, June 08, 2013, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyer

Quote from: 63cpe on November 27, 2020, 02:31:13 PM
Isn't this petiprince's work?

Cheers,
David aka 63cpe

If that's who did several modified F-16's, I can picture one with a larger or different exhaust nozzle, a FSW and some navalized folded winged one's at least on that backdrop... At least I think I do... :unsure:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

By Michel Grunberger found on the "ARC Aircraft Resource Center" page.

"Hobby Boss 1/72e Rafale M from the VF-84
(why not ?) terminé"

Link here (Public): https://www.facebook.com/groups/215551215532252/permalink/1108726012881430/
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 26, 2020, 09:41:22 PM

If it's a -600 it'll be the M'box kit, a nice, but slightly cruder moulding compared to the Airfix one, and LIGHT YEARS away from the Sword JS-125!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Whoa! I didn't know Matchbox did one of those! Now I have to find one. I have two of the Airfix ones. Hell, I didn't know Sword made one, either.  :o
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

The Sword one is a much more modern derivative, curved windscreen, turbo-fan engines and the one I have is a Japanese military ASR version.

With a bit of mixing and matching with the new Freightdog conversions there's a wealth of Whiffery possible.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Scotaidh

Rick Overton
HISTORY BREAKERS SERIES
A 1939 What-If Polish Air Force Winter Corsair their universe calls the "Polarny", short for "Niedźwiedź Polarny" or Polar Bear. When the weather warmed up, the skid-gear struts came off. 
It turned the Luftwaffe back in this Alterverse.

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Snowtrooper

Interesting point of departure - maybe the Soviet Union wants to weaken Germany so doesn't stab Poland in the back (yet). The Polish Army regroups in the southeastern hills and marshes, and German advance grounds to a halt. Winter sets in, and Germany is even more ill-equipped for winter warfare than in OTL 1941, and their mechanized forces are already depleted immmobilized due to weather and lack of spare parts (their proportional tank losses in OTL September alone were substantial, like 1945 bad, and they suffered parts shortages even during that time). Goebbels starts secretly writing speeches how the Polish Expedition was supposed to be only a punitive expedition (and a staggering success at that) and now that it has served its purpose, Germany can retreat victorious.

NARSES2

Interesting scenario, loads of possible knock on effects.  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

A scenario with lots of whiffing potential, and very believable too.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

tahsin

Has the colours wrong to cause the "accident" that got half of a Suka gruppe, the mist on the ground taken as cloud level.

Scotaidh

Harmon Chao
AIRCRAFT THAT NEVER WERE AND WHAT IFs GROUP

A very unusual picture for those who are interested in aviation like me..
T-38 and 4 nozzles behind the cockpit...
I saw it for the first time...
T-38 VTOL.
I searched and couldn't find much details..
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

PR19_Kit

Not sure how that would work in reality.

The lift engines are nowhere near the CG, and that's essential for a direct lift VTOL aircraft. They need to be a lot further rearwards.

Regards
Kit