Whiffs found on Facebook

Started by philp, June 08, 2013, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

It's a pity the Case Quad-Trac isn't done in a model kit, there are diecasts - which are actually
very nice, but they're not cheap and market availability is kind of odd. The US Case IH shop
has a fraction of the offerings of the EU shop, but the EU shop is twice the price for the same
thing. eBay prices are all over the place but tend to be high.

I'd love to have some of the track assemblies for various purposes like that snow machine.

1/32nd Case-IH Steiger 540 Quadtrac
https://www.shopcaseih.com/1-32-cih-afs-connect-steiger-540-quadtrac

McColm

Some interesting ideas,  more for the future builds in 2021. :thumbsup:

jcf

Quote from: Scotaidh on December 27, 2020, 03:33:17 AM

Very hard to see, some would say invisible - the 1984 side-by-side cockpit stealth wonder Tornado, with a 10' fuselage plug to carry more fuel and free up the wing pylons.

Or one could cheat and just use an empty display stand labelled WW Invisible Jet;D

comrade harps

Quote from: Scotaidh on December 27, 2020, 03:33:17 AM

Very hard to see, some would say invisible - the 1984 side-by-side cockpit stealth wonder Tornado, with a 10' fuselage plug to carry more fuel and free up the wing pylons.

D.C. to Egypt (and back?), fast, without refuelling... that 10' plug adds plenty.
Whatever.

jcf

Easy peasy, she doesn't actually make the aircraft invisible, what happens is the "invisible"
objects are moved out of phase with our reality and that realm operates under different
rules, the Wonder Jet could easily fly around the world without refueling while "invisible".

;)

comrade harps

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on December 29, 2020, 06:16:32 PM
Easy peasy, she doesn't actually make the aircraft invisible, what happens is the "invisible"
objects are moved out of phase with our reality and that realm operates under different
rules, the Wonder Jet could easily fly around the world without refueling while "invisible".

;)

Later, WW learns that she doesn't need a jet at all!
Whatever.

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Tophe

:wub: what-if this twin-boomer was mass-produced as Bronco protector? <_<
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TheChronicOne

By (Benjamin Donnelly)'s Stepdad found on the 'Airliner-Civil Aircraft Modeller' page.

My stepdad's Bristol Freighter.  I think this is an Airfix kit (maybe 1/72).  The markings are a mystery.  There never was a Scottish Airways to my knowledge, and the markings resemble SAFE Air (which did fly Bristol Freighters).  Not sure what the story is there.
It's still a unique model to have in the collection, though it's fallen on some hard times.  When the collection had to be moved, it met the wrong end of an AirJets 747, which sheared off the landing gear.  The model itself is probably pushing 50 years old, so the glue is very brittle.  Right now, it's in storage rather than on display.

Public viewing: https://www.facebook.com/groups/467937910029680/permalink/1872189946271129/
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

By Vladyslav Kovtun found on the 'ARC Aircraft Resource Center' page.

This is translated from Russian (Ukrainian? whatever... ) , so bear that in mind:

"WHAT IF Rafal ′′ C ′′ 114 76th brigade of tactical aviation forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Revell 1/48 Dassault Rafale C. Special thanks for the inspiration and consultations of Constantine and Vlad!
WHAT IF Revell 1/48 Dassault Rafale C | Ukrainian Air Force | 114th Tactical Aviation Brigade No.76. Special thanks to Kostyantyn, Vlad and Stelios for inspiration and consulting!"

Public viewing; there are more than a couple dozen additional pictures so check it out! ! : https://www.facebook.com/groups/215551215532252/permalink/1143417819412249/
-Sprues McDuck-

McColm

Both models look great,  the Airfix Bristol Superfreighter especially. It's a pity that the kits are getting expensive in the secondhand market.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Thanks!!! I didn't realize they had a separate language. It looks just like Russian (Cyrillic or whatever they call it) so I always just assumed. I used to also think Sri Lankans spoke the same language as Indians and a Sri Lankan friend had to correct me so I confuse easily.  ;D 
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Here's one I've been sitting on for awhile. I won't bother with where it was or who posted it as it's irrelevant in this case...     I say that because it's a mass produced toy, and not anyone's work.

In my opinion, what a cool toy!!!!  Says "Time Crisis" on the box and I know that's a video game so I'm assuming this is an aircraft from that game. I just think it's damned cool and someone ought to kitbash all the crap together needed to make it. I know I can make out elements of 4-5 different things in it and there are kits for them all...

This may be old news to a lot of you but *I've* never seen it so I thought I'd share anyway because it's pretty neat.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

Interesting, there.
Based on a P-51 with swept wings and tail planes, F-86D nose and what looks like maybe F-101 tailpipes?
Not sure of the gun troughs, but cutting them into the Mustang cowl would be cheaper than using a whole kit for just that part.

Have at it, Brad - it looks like something you'd enjoy.  :thumbsup: