Whiffs found on Facebook

Started by philp, June 08, 2013, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: Scotaidh on November 20, 2021, 02:56:30 AM

I think the fold-back option would be preferable. Hell, even the Barracuda accordion-fold would be better! :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 20, 2021, 05:39:30 AM
Quote from: Scotaidh on November 20, 2021, 02:56:30 AM

I think the fold-back option would be preferable. Hell, even the Barracuda accordion-fold would be better! :o

Surely to fit in a hangar deck the wings would have to fold like an Avenger's or similar ?  :angel:  ;D

Great minds. I was just about to hit the post button and yours popped up  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Flyer

Double (like a Gannet), triple or even quadruple fold so it all pack's down onto the centre section, if they wanted to put it in the hanger it'd need some sort of a telescopic fuselage arrangement too in order to maybe fit the lift... :o
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

McColm

They could hinge backwards along the fuselage.

zenrat

Is that Darth Vader's personal DC3?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AeroplaneDriver

One for the car-bashers posted by a friend today.

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

zenrat

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on November 22, 2021, 01:04:16 PM
One for the car-bashers posted by a friend today.

That looks like a Honda CX500 rear wheel.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

TheChronicOne

Both of these were posted to FB via Twitter so I'll just say that they were found on the 'Ace Combat Community' page and provide the links.

https://twitter.com/hamaguri_s/status/1322532424123707392?s=21&fbclid=IwAR3tei-xHB-B9WnzZ1AedQ6o3HXf_jF-H3wSFgUNU4mu4rSiVWvxikXyYZE

REALLY cool.... and well done... I look at the canopy/cockpit area and it strikes me that the builder is skilled but the panel line stuff is.....   just odd...  it might have something to do with the source material for the subject matter, so I'm not one to judge........

https://twitter.com/hamaguri_s/status/1459727328804671489?t=vQN3j4PafiK7uZStyHT8GQ&s=19&fbclid=IwAR1pOBJo9CU_4s1PwkdNmxfth4kM_ktxQZ2SsO19DidiWTE-YQixaSY0ots

Same person it would seem. I like their work!

-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Now they are nice. I particularly like the swing wing Phantom  :thumbsup:

zenrat

One of our resident artists drew a Phantom with Eagle wings (and vice versa).  I have the parts to build one but have not got to it yet...
Fred

TheChronicOne

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 24, 2021, 12:53:43 AM
Now they are nice. I particularly like the swing wing Phantom  :thumbsup:
Me, too, it's damn cool!!!!

Quote from: zenrat on November 24, 2021, 01:51:29 AM
One of our resident artists drew a Phantom with Eagle wings (and vice versa).  I have the parts to build one but have not got to it yet...

Do it!!!  Y'all have a great idea there... I never considered it but it should work quite well!
-Sprues McDuck-

McColm