Whiffs found on Facebook

Started by philp, June 08, 2013, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

I just saw these on FB. Pictures below. A person by the name of Ted Mount posted the following in a group called Friends of Planes of Fame.
QuoteOne of our goals in the Planes of Fame Model Room is to inspire young people to build models. Models require critical thinking, imagination, motor development, etc. But sometimes you have to help them see the connections between the past and the future.
This Model Room display is designed to show the young modelers that sometimes you don't have to go exactly by the directions. By taking the well-known Star Wars series and applying something from the past you could come up with something totally new. Aviation, by its very nature, is pushing the envelope and experimentation is the key. Our museum is a prime example of that by housing aircraft like the Ryan Fireball, YP-59, D588 Skyrocket, RF-84K Photoflash, or the Horten Flying Wing Glider.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Old Wombat

Not bad! :thumbsup:

But they've misspelled "twin" (unless they actually meant "twine"? :unsure: ) & chopped up another B-26 kit when I'm struggling to find one more for the stash. :banghead:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 21, 2023, 05:01:36 PMchopped up another B-26 kit when I'm struggling to find one more for the stash. :banghead:

Oh, how inconsiderate!  :o

But yes, some great imagination there.  :thumbsup:

jcf

The B-29 TIE and P-40 X-Wing are both based on original art by Donald Yatomi.

D Yatomi Art Station Aviation Gallery

His A-10/P-38/F4U mashup is fun.

The there's this if you have a couple Bell 47 models hanging about.  ;D

Dizzyfugu

I like the Marauder B-Wing thing.  ;D

kerick

Right up my alley! Great job!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

All these ideas are very cool but I wonder if they ever thought about landing  :o  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

The B-29 TIE fighter would require FOUR B-29 kits to build!  :o

Imagine what Ericr could do with the bits left over.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 22, 2023, 02:00:43 PMThe B-29 TIE fighter would require FOUR B-29 kits to build!  :o

Or some silicone & resin to make a mould & some castings. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 22, 2023, 02:00:43 PMThe B-29 TIE fighter would require FOUR B-29 kits to build!  :o

And the P-40 X-Wing five boby donors... Modeling decadence!

Flyer

city police SWAT?  :unsure:

You cannot view this attachment.
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

zenrat

Nice.  But from a (boringly) practical PoV just how would a SWAT team put a Blackbird to use?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 18, 2023, 04:56:23 AMNice.  But from a (boringly) practical PoV just how would a SWAT team put a Blackbird to use?

Rapid response ?  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

The most impractical police vehicle ever.
They clearly don't know that the SR-71 needs two different fuels just to be able to fly ?.
Totally stupid.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

scooter

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 18, 2023, 11:16:56 AMThe most impractical police vehicle ever.
They clearly don't know that the SR-71 needs two different fuels just to be able to fly ?.
Totally stupid.
Unless you're in the Department of Justice, and patrolling one of the Megacities
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng