Whiffs found on Facebook

Started by philp, June 08, 2013, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

There's always Hollywood thriller script v31(a)...

It's been stolen by a Russian pilot who has to fly it by THINKING IN AMERICAN. Firefox 2 - Russian Revenge! Coming to a movie theatre near you soon!

PR19_Kit

But which accent does he have to think in?

The differences between a New Orleans one, a Los Angeles one and a Noo Yoik one are like three DIFFERENT languages!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 18, 2023, 09:20:42 AMBut which accent does he have to think in?

The differences between a New Orleans one, a Los Angeles one and a Noo Yoik one are like three DIFFERENT languages!  :o

Does this mean that a substantial amount of re-programming was called for before the F35 entered UK service?  And do the RAF and FAA need differing versions?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

tahsin

By the time Lockheed Martin Corporation deigns to write a letter with the letterheads and all on their solemn regrets about the conduct of (uhmm) persons , the wreck will be dredged out of those lakes nearby. Obviously the pilot would set the autopilot for a crash up there somewhere. No, F-35 has nothing to do with a 500mph Corsair; the Jet to beat that was the F-12 thing from Rockwell. Yes, this means there will be no letters.

You cannot view this attachment.

And it is cool that I can attach pictures if I use some formal reply option instead of fast reply thing. Will soon identify which buttons do what...

tahsin

It would be Firefox 3. Because there is already a novel in which Gant steals the plane AGAIN.

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 18, 2023, 09:20:42 AMBut which accent does he have to think in?

And here in Jersey, we send a couple gentlemen with broken noses and ties to the waste disposal industry to have a "chat" with you for mocking our accent.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

perttime

The accent of the legitimate pilot?
I thought they have voice recognition files for each pilot, so why not different thought recognition files too.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: perttime on September 18, 2023, 10:32:31 AM

The accent of the legitimate pilot?
I thought they have voice recognition files for each pilot, so why not different thought recognition files too.

Sshhh! Don't let on that the pilots have to have chips inserted in their brains!... oh... woops.

comrade harps

Quote from: scooter on September 16, 2023, 04:28:57 AM
Quote from: Scotaidh on September 16, 2023, 03:48:50 AMA friend posted this on FaceBlock:

"This is the cover of an actual book, not satire as far as I can tell."

Yes, sadly, yes it is.  Here's the link to Barnes & Noble's page: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/books/1144043113?ean=9798859839476

Reviewers (on (Sc)Amazon) are appropriately scathing, with a particular theme: "Blutarsky was right!  The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!"

l could start a thread of book covers with inappropriate aircraft in them. P-40s over Paris, Luftwaffe Ar 96s in Asia, B-29s over Europe in WW2 etc.

I should take photos when l see them at work.
Whatever.

tahsin

In view of somewhat temporary requirements to have proof,  Dan Sharp in his book/magazine Secret Bombers of the Third Reich refers to Ernst Heinkel's memoirs. In which the designer talks about He-277 being of similar size to a "Super Fortress" (which HAS to be the B-29) actually seen over Germany in increasing numbers by about the Autumn of 1943. He-277 expected to be considerably faster at a calculated 575 km/h! If you remember the B-29 used to be 560 in my youth; while Wikipedia gives the number at 575... Also having some ideas about 4 engined He-111 in pre-war US markings bombing Sofia in a Turkish spy movie. They would be laughed at by all the people if they did the CGI as B-29, you know.

perttime

Some Whatifs by Stephen Jackman
https://www.facebook.com/groups/243187842450037/permalink/6170781986357230/

My eye was drawn towards the Eagle engined Typhoon (Typheagle):

You cannot view this attachment.

PR19_Kit

What's the one top right? A piston engined Attacker?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

perttime

perttime

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 20, 2023, 09:13:01 AMWhat's the one top right? A piston engined Attacker?
Found it: "Fisher P-75 in the stash as a starting point, coupled with wings from an old Attacker."
https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=48084.0

scooter

More AI shenanigans found this time in the Tiamat's Tavern TTRPG* gaming group page on Nannybook:

Link! for however long it stays in the group

*TTRPG: Table Top Role Playing Game
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng