Whiffs found on Facebook

Started by philp, June 08, 2013, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

loupgarou

Congratulations for the repurposing of such disparate parts. Seeing the possibilities hdden in the brute matter is the artist's touch.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: loupgarou on February 07, 2024, 12:41:55 PMCongratulations for the repurposing of such disparate parts. Seeing the possibilities hidden in the brute matter is the artist's touch.

Yup, it's a skill all of its' own.

Coming along well. :thumbsup:

killnoizer

I think i should start a thread of its own for the build ,  here the latest impression of the bird:

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

The Wooksta!

You cannot view this attachment.

This was posted on Tony O'Toole's group by Frank Campey.  Hawker Demon F.1.

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

perttime

RNZAF Haast in the "What If" and "Alternate History" Model Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/243187842450037/permalink/6588794564555968/
"1/72 Trumpter Wyvern S.4. Kit supplied British markings replaced with Ventura RNZAF Kiwi roundels. MRP paints and resin A-1 Skyraider pylons were added, along with napalm tanks, SNEB rocket pods, and AN M30A1 100lb bombs.
Built as a fictional Wyvern S.4 transferred to the Royal New Zealand Air Force in 1960. The S.4s were renamed "Haast" from the ancient predatory Haast Eagle that lived in New Zealand. This Haast was one of 20 S.4s the RNZAF sent to Vietnam to assist the U.S. intervention there. Similar to the A-1 Skyraider, the Haast provided close air support to ground forces.
"

Rick Lowe

Hadn't thought of one of those in Kiwi markings... interesting.
And the name is pretty appropriate. :thumbsup:

zenrat

Thats nice.   :wub:  :thumbsup:

I've got one in the stash to do in RAN FAA or RAAF colours.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Beermonster58

Quote from: perttime on February 11, 2024, 10:31:16 PMRNZAF Haast in the "What If" and "Alternate History" Model Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/243187842450037/permalink/6588794564555968/
"1/72 Trumpter Wyvern S.4. Kit supplied British markings replaced with Ventura RNZAF Kiwi roundels. MRP paints and resin A-1 Skyraider pylons were added, along with napalm tanks, SNEB rocket pods, and AN M30A1 100lb bombs.
Built as a fictional Wyvern S.4 transferred to the Royal New Zealand Air Force in 1960. The S.4s were renamed "Haast" from the ancient predatory Haast Eagle that lived in New Zealand. This Haast was one of 20 S.4s the RNZAF sent to Vietnam to assist the U.S. intervention there. Similar to the A-1 Skyraider, the Haast provided close air support to ground forces.
"
Very nice., 👍. I've got a pair of Trumpeter kits, one of which will be a replacement for the A-1 Skyraider - the A2-D Douglas/Westland Firedrake. Licence built substitute for the failed A2-D Skyshark.
That long nose cries out for a big shark mouth and, I think it will look dandy in S E Asia finish. 😀
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Beermonster58 on February 13, 2024, 02:31:55 AMVery nice., 👍. I've got a pair of Trumpeter kits, one of which will be a replacement for the A-1 Skyraider - the A2-D Douglas/Westland Firedrake. Licence built substitute for the failed A2-D Skyshark.
That long nose cries out for a big shark mouth and, I think it will look dandy in S E Asia finish. 😀

Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:
And most things look good/better in SEA cam... just my opinion.

killnoizer

Found this and combine it with my imagination plus the unbuild stuff in my stash ...

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

perttime

Quote from: killnoizer on February 14, 2024, 09:28:57 AMFound this and combine it with my imagination plus the unbuild stuff in my stash ...
Some sort of a rocket powered race car? Or steam powered?

scooter

Quote from: perttime on February 14, 2024, 09:38:19 AM
Quote from: killnoizer on February 14, 2024, 09:28:57 AMFound this and combine it with my imagination plus the unbuild stuff in my stash ...
Some sort of a rocket powered race car? Or steam powered?
Steam probably
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit