Whiffs found on Facebook

Started by philp, June 08, 2013, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

Based on the artist's list of influences it's my guess that it's some sort of internal combustion engine.
You cannot view this attachment.
1907 Christie V-4 FWD racer. This was the third of four different FWD types built by Christie.

You cannot view this attachment.
Ford 999

killnoizer

:thumbsup:

H E L L !!  Those guys are mad .
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

loupgarou

Walter Christie of later tank fame?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

killnoizer

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Rick Lowe

"'Health and Safety?' What is this arrant nonsense you speak of?"
From the time when Manly Men did Manly Things and bled (or Died) in a Manly Manner, thank you!

(And Nanny or Mumsie was there to pick up the pieces.)

NARSES2

I reckon it's recoil powered. Those two "tubes" at the back look like Vickers/Maxim barrels to me  ;D  It might be slow, but once you're in front, your in front  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 15, 2024, 05:51:55 AMI reckon it's recoil powered. Those two "tubes" at the back look like Vickers/Maxim barrels to me  ;D  It might be slow, but once you're in front, your in front  :angel:
I thought exactly the same when I saw it first Chris :o
It would give any other competitors the incentive not ro let iy get past them though. :wacko:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

scooter

Stolen from a comment on Nannybook, and presumably AI generated
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

The Rat

Considering how invasive the little buggers are, weaponising them isn't much of a stretch.

Quote from: scooter on February 29, 2024, 04:28:01 AMStolen from a comment on Nannybook, and presumably AI generated

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

seadude

Piranha would be better and deadlier.  ;D  :wacko:
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Rick Lowe

You just know that's going to give Fred ideas... ;D

zenrat

You say that like it's a bad thing.   :-\

A Fish Tank.  Marvellous.  :thumbsup:

For years I have been keeping half an eye out for a suitably scaled church/mosque/temple so I can pay homage to Kris Kuski and build my own church tank.
I really must finish the Camper Tank.  All it needs is to have the safety railings reworked.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on March 01, 2024, 01:32:56 AMA Fish Tank.  Marvellous.  :thumbsup:

For years I have been keeping half an eye out for a suitably scaled church/mosque/temple so I can pay homage to Kris Kuski and build my own church tank.
I really must finish the Camper Tank.  All it needs is to have the safety railings reworked.

"fish tank" ! I liked the idea, but had not yet understood the game of words  :-\

I am also considering some homage to Kuski (he did a whole series of church tanks, with different models, of tanks and of churches),
there are quite a few train-modelling churches around, in HO scale ...

and I could have a try at a camper tank someday ...

so many ways to go ...  ;D

zenrat

Quote from: scooter on February 29, 2024, 04:28:01 AM

Intelligent aquatic life would need something like this for overwater exploration.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on March 01, 2024, 01:32:56 AMYou say that like it's a bad thing.  :-\

I didn't say anything of the kind... either way, good or bad...  ;)

There is, IIRC, a Cathedral conversion for one of the 'Overpriced Gaming System''s super-heavy tanks... Beermonster will likely know more, possibly even be able to quote chapter and verse... yeah, tiring week here... sorry/not sorry.