Whiffs found on Facebook

Started by philp, June 08, 2013, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

But - but - it looks soo much Cooler in that configuration!
How could you mess with the Essential Coolness of that layout?! ;D

kerick

Ya'll are letting reality in way too much! Keep it as is.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

jcf

From the ever brilliant Chris Shapan.

You cannot view this attachment.

"Sunday! Sunday!  "The Wheelstanding WASP", Whit Bissell, invades Irwindale Raceway!  SUNDAY! SUNDAY!"

zenrat

:thumbsup:

I'd buy a few of those).  But not at that price.   :unsure:

First generation Econolines have not AFAIK been kitted in the one true car scale.  Funky looking things.  I'd love a van.  IIRC the Mystery Machine was based on one.

Lindberg did a Dodge A100 (equally funky) but only as a pickup.  If you want a van you have to find a Jimmy Flintstone resin body.

Maybe Round 2 will repop the Lindberg A100 as an AMT kit like they've been doing with other stuff?  And maybe some will find their way here (less likely) at a reasonable price (unlikely).

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Then there's the IMC Little Red Wagon too, but isn't that the same mould as the Linberg kit?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 05, 2023, 03:41:41 AMThen there's the IMC Little Red Wagon too, but isn't that the same mould as the Linberg kit?

Think so.  IMC also produced it as the Touch Tone Terror.  2in1 wheelstander or phone company mtce truck.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

Quote from: zenrat on September 04, 2023, 05:58:47 PM:thumbsup:

I'd buy a few of those).  But not at that price.  :unsure:

First generation Econolines have not AFAIK been kitted in the one true car scale.  Funky looking things.  I'd love a van.  IIRC the Mystery Machine was based on one.

Lindberg did a Dodge A100 (equally funky) but only as a pickup.  If you want a van you have to find a Jimmy Flintstone resin body.

Maybe Round 2 will repop the Lindberg A100 as an AMT kit like they've been doing with other stuff?  And maybe some will find their way here (less likely) at a reasonable price (unlikely).

The vintage saliva stains boost the asking price. :wacko:

scooter

No "quite" a whif, but

Token!

From the OP on Nannybook:
"Spotted at the Clayton Miniature Rail Convention".
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

perttime

Quote from: scooter on September 15, 2023, 05:26:33 PMNo "quite" a whif, but
( )

From the OP on Nannybook:
"Spotted at the Clayton Miniature Rail Convention".

Perhaps that particular truck/lorry never got stuck under that particular bridge, in real life  ;D

McColm

I used to live in West Twyford, Ealing and there's a bridge that many a foreign lorry driver has been caught getting stuck under. It's the bridge connecting Alpterton Station to Park Royal Tube station. Those were the days before air-ride suspension. The Highways Agency lowered the road but forgot to put a drain in for the access water. That part of the road flooded when it was raining.

perttime

We have three bridges in town, where trucks getting stuck has been a somewhat regular occurrence. One is actually a tunnel under the railway station, with a slope up starting at the eastern edge. Then there's the ones going under the railways north and east. Railway bridges going south are high enough  :mellow:

NARSES2

Quote from: perttime on September 16, 2023, 01:51:08 AMOne is actually a tunnel under the railway station, with a slope up starting at the eastern edge.

There are a few railway bridges like that around where I live. On one side you might be able to enter, but you then get stuck half way through  :rolleyes: Most have been sorted out, but there are still a few that catch out the unwary, or those who don't read the very clearly displayed warning signs  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

perttime

You cannot view this attachment.

Scotaidh

A friend posted this on FaceBlock:

"This is the cover of an actual book, not satire as far as I can tell."
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Old Wombat

:rolleyes:

Although Fw.190s had been introduced into service with the Luftwaffe in August 1941, so maybe it's a whif? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est