Whiffs found on Facebook

Started by philp, June 08, 2013, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

By Paul Hastings Design foud on the "The Mediocre Modelers group" page.

"1930's Comic book fighter. Bashed 8 kits to make it....any guesses?"

Not public but if you want to join, you can see the comments section where the details are mentioned: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1771720973126058/permalink/2404338683197614/?__tn__=-R

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Edited my messed up bold coding.

It's such a neat thing! Might also be fun to those so inclined to hazard a guess as to the "comic book" this came from unless that tidbit is just another part of what-if lore...or in other words, not from a real comic book but more of "comic book esque."
-Sprues McDuck-

perttime

Quote from: TheChronicOne on June 19, 2020, 09:09:32 PM

Not public but if you want to join, you can see the comments section where the details are mentioned: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1771720973126058/permalink/2404338683197614/?__tn__=-R
Whatever it is, I love it!
Isn't that a Spitfire canopy?
The wing could be from a Travel Air Mystery ship - or a number of 30's airplanes.

Old Wombat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on June 19, 2020, 09:09:32 PM

Don't care about the 8 kits. This is the duck's nuts! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

I'm assuming..... that this is a whif.

By Don Williams found on the DesTROYer's Models page.

"PHOENIX RISING ! I never name my builds but like the Phoenix rising from the ashes this Rona Rana 3.5 tested my patience to the limit ! 3.0 was for the bad paint jobs ( operator failure ) the .5 for when I dropped the completed body onto the concrete damaging the paint and cracking the body but enough was enough so it got brush touched and on the shelf it goes ! Built as a 80/90s mild custom during the street machine/custom van craze was at it's peak being a 4 door converted to a ute with a hard tarp , Bob Jane ute wing , Brown Davis drop tank , Supertrap mufflers , loud interior , Trans Am styling , custom grill with the bonnet swag line moved including the grill ! Onto the next one ..........."

Public... I skipped a couple pics that can be seen here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DesTROYersModels/permalink/3606923359324379/?__tn__=-R
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

By Yau-Hang Lee found on the "FULLY FREE MODELERS OF THE PLANET" page.

"This is Monogram's 1/72 F7F. I decided to make a "What if...South Vietnam recieved a bunch of surplus F7Fs in addition to F8F." I decided the SVAF would paint in SEA camoflauge, change the weapons load, add wingtip fuel tanks, and perhaps use it in night interdiction sorties. I added some details to the cockpit side walls, resin bucket seat but used the IP decal. I separated the kit windshield and heat formed/smashed a bubble canopy from an old F4U canopy. The SVAF insignia was printed on white ink jet decal paper. The rest of the markings were spares."

Public, more pics here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2053300261589023/permalink/2791380461114329/

I dig it!!
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

I like the ute.  Based on a Holden Torana.

There is a Don Williams who exhibits at the Ballarat show.  But I don't think its the same bloke.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 28, 2020, 02:02:41 AM
The F7F is really nice! :thumbsup:

It is indeed and it's one of my favourite aircraft, such a good looker  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 28, 2020, 02:16:23 AM

Who does kits of Holdens then?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 28, 2020, 05:46:48 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 28, 2020, 02:16:23 AM

Who does kits of Holdens then?

Cavalier did kerbside resin kits of Toranas and Falcons (including the Mad Max interceptor).  They are crude and not altogether accurate but go for a fair bit of cash.
The Ford Falcon XC Hartdop/Interceptor kit is undersized and has some shape issues.  I had one for a while with a badly warped chassis but sold it on rather than build it.

This is probably the kit the ute is based on.

This is the Interceptor.

There is one currently on Evil Bay for $199.

There were also some 1/25 Australian car bodies made in fibreglass resin by Jaymar.  You had to source your own chassis.  They were not very nice and the manufacturer had a bad reputation.

www.thepartsbox.com are now the only people I know making 1/25 kits of Australian vehicles.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

$199?  :o :o :o :o :o

GULP!

That Torana does look good though.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

zenrat

Fred