Whiffs found on Facebook

Started by philp, June 08, 2013, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

That's going to need one WIDE carrier to land on!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 04, 2020, 05:01:09 AM

It IS the carrier.   :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 04, 2020, 05:01:09 AM

Not only did he draw a wide-enough carrier, he also made it submersible!  :party:

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Old Wombat

I still have thoughts of trying to build that submersible aircraft carrier in 1/350 :o, then I beat some sense into me & I feel better! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Now that's SERIOUSLY impressive!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

(Posted) by Danilo Werther‎ found on the "War Thunder Community" page.

"Sekrit picture of the german Anschluss-10 Close Air Support Wunderwafe"

No clue who built it or anything, but there it is.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

By Alan Day found on the "Facebook Scale Modellers" page.

"First model for 30 years finally complete. First time use of airbrush. It certainly was frustrating and fun at the same time. Steep learning curve for me and plenty to take forward to my next build. I didn't follow any painting guide or pattern, I used my own inspiration, basically because I wasn't confident enough to try the 3 colour faded edge designs. I am chuffed how it has turned out. Many thanks to all in the group for your advise, ideas and support. 👍😊"

He didn't paint some of or all of the PE. Could have been an artistic decision or not.  :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

This is neat. Ol' boy asked about Tiger Meet stuff then posted what I'm about 99% sure is a what-if. Turns out the comments section provided a couple more so I'll do my best to credit them as I go.

By Adam Barber found on the "Facebook Scale Modellers" page.

"A small request.
Let's see your NATO Tiger Meet models!"

This is his. It was a missed opportunity to call it the "SpitTiger" but it's cool anyway.  ;D :mellow:

A couple from the comments. Coincidence strikes again.. I just finished my XL and wouldn't you know:

By Michael Riley :

By Neil Medcalf   "Avro Arrow in WIF Tiger Meet. I did this some years ago now.":

By Stephen Freeman    (after asked by someone)"I was bored 🤣 it was an academy p40 so thought why not, did it about 10 years ago and just put it in my shop window":

-Sprues McDuck-

kitbasher

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 23, 2020, 08:26:45 PM
(Posted) by Danilo Werther‎ found on the "War Thunder Community" page.

"Sekrit picture of the german Anschluss-10 Close Air Support Wunderwafe"

An He219 would be the ideal basis for this sort of Luft46 A-10-style whiffery.  Personal view, not a criticism of the build.

No clue who built it or anything, but there it is.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Dizzyfugu

As a side note: in order to achieve the A-10's thrust with Jumo 004s, you'd need 9 to 10 engines...  :rolleyes:

NARSES2

The Tiger Meet F.16 XL is very nice  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 24, 2020, 06:23:03 AM

That's the one that caught my eye, too!! And..... hold up..... is that a HOUSE CAT on the fin?!  ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 24, 2020, 01:04:38 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 24, 2020, 06:23:03 AM

That's the one that caught my eye, too!! And..... hold up..... is that a HOUSE CAT on the fin?!  ;D ;D

Also like the XL, looks great with the stripes. And that sure looks like a house cat on tail, well spotted. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Look at it in some ways and yes it's a cat, look at it in other ways and it's the head of a bug eyed fish. One of those weird morphing images  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.