Whiffs found on Facebook

Started by philp, June 08, 2013, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

I like the "Vaksam". But probably ANYTHING looks good in "Fields & Meadows" livery...  :rolleyes:

PR19_Kit

Even a Blackburn Blackburn?  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 03, 2020, 01:37:54 AM

Sure.  Just park them at the edge of the field and you'll never know they're there. :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: scooter on August 03, 2020, 05:12:49 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 03, 2020, 01:37:54 AM

Sure.  Just park them at the edge of the field and you'll never know they're there. :wacko:

;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

TheChronicOne

LOVE the Vaksam... I spotted it, too, and lost it... you're my hero!!! 
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

By Don Williams‎ found on the "DesTROYer's Models" page.

"Trans Am Van almost done and dusted just debating whether or not to put Pontiac badge shape side windows on the sides or not .........."

He says he ain't done yet so I waited around for an update but this was 25 July and nothing since so I figured I'd go ahead and post what he has now.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Found on the "The Mediocre Modelers group" page.

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

By Kyaw Swar found on the "Tamiya Model Magazine" page.

"Bronco 1/72 from Academy. It's an old kit. I stuck whatever decals that I can save. So if you are looking for accuracy you won't find any here. If you guys are looking to build one, I'd recommend going for kitty hawk 1/32 kit."

Public, link here for more pictures: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tamiyamodelmagazine/permalink/10158114653934821/?__tn__=-R
-Sprues McDuck-

jcf

The 'U-Boat' is great.  ;D  :thumbsup:
Here's a slew of'em.  ;D

Dizzyfugu

A German "U-Boot" variant, the BR 219:

zenrat

Panel van is excellent.

Why are the locomotives called U-Boats?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on August 04, 2020, 03:05:12 AM

Panel van is excellent.

Why are the locomotives called U-Boats?

That van IS good, yes.  :thumbsup:

General Electric's road switcher locos were entitled their 'Universal Series', the first one being the U25B produced in 1959. Since then the railfans have always called GE road switchers 'U Boats'.

They're universal because they can be built to suit a number of different track gauges, and even loading gauges, and still use the same underframes and prime movers etc.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

The BR 219 (even though operated by GDR and later FRG railroad, these were designed and manufactured in Bulgaria) received their "U-Boot" nickname because of the round side windows, adding a certain maritime flavor, and the fact that it "frequently dived away from service into maintenance". In its early days, 50% of the locomotives were in the workshops at any one time!