Whiffs found on Facebook

Started by philp, June 08, 2013, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

By Jason Port, found on the "The Mediocre Modelers group" page.

"Done
Airfix 1:72 scale HE 111 'Moterhead bomber'
I used the box artwork for the base. Streached clear sprue painted for the gun fire and my 8 year old Daughter Alice donated the hair to suspend the bomb.
The song lyrics include the words "no night fighter will stop us getting through" so I decided to show an engin on fire to tie it to the song.  I also think it adds to the drama of the display while breaking up the all black aircraft."

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

By Denne Osgood found on the "The Mediocre Modelers group" page.

"Sometimes you just have to build what pop's(sic) into your head.  A study in paint schemes in places they never were."

I like it!!!
-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

That's nit the first Ju 87 in USN markings - I remember one with green squadron markings, very similar to this (pretty) one. It actually inspired my USN PZL Karas conversion for the "In the navy" GB!

zenrat

The Motorhead 111 confirms my thoughts.  Built OOB it has too many transfers.  IMO all it needs is what can be seen on the album cover - the logo on the side of the nose.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 25, 2020, 09:49:45 PM

If he'd had fitted motors (did you see what I did there?  ;D) and LEDs it would have been very reminiscent of our good friend Strobez' work.  ;D :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 25, 2020, 10:38:09 PM

"Sometimes you just have to build what pop's(sic) into your head.  A study in paint schemes in places they never were."

Damn! Bought a Zvezda Stuka and some Techmod decals do just that. And here I thought I had a good idea.  :banghead: Well, it's still a good idea. Just not a new one.  ;D
My inspiration were THIS PIC and Logan Hartke's wonderful Vought Viking profiles (one example: LINK!).
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

TheChronicOne

Love his Viking profile!! Man, that gives me some ideas, too.......  hmmm........   

Anyway...... can someone fill me in as to what's up with the tiny props on that Motorhead plane? I was hoping someone would mention it before I had to ask.... but..... here we are.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 29, 2020, 05:55:27 PM
Love his Viking profile!! Man, that gives me some ideas, too.......  hmmm........   

Anyway...... can someone fill me in as to what's up with the tiny props on that Motorhead plane? I was hoping someone would mention it before I had to ask.... but..... here we are.  ;D

I think they are intended to represent spinning propellers.  I can see where the builder was going with them but I don't think they quite got there.
They are hard to represent in scale though and i've certainly not found a way to do it i'm completely happy with.  Apart from implanting small motors and actually making them spin (which if I tried it would probly result in a small fire).
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

TheChronicOne

Ahhhhhhh.....  ok!     An interesting approach....   not terrible but I was confused by it. I don't do a lot of in-flight wheels-up stuff so I wasn't considering it.
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on August 29, 2020, 04:36:12 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 25, 2020, 10:38:09 PM

Damn! Bought a Zvezda Stuka and some Techmod decals do just that. And here I thought I had a good idea.  :banghead: Well, it's still a good idea. Just not a new one.  ;D
My inspiration were THIS PIC and Logan Hartke's wonderful Vought Viking profiles (one example: LINK!).

This Stuka is not bad but what it really needs to go with that paint job is a radial engine.
Fred

Logan Hartke

Thanks for the kind words, guys! When life settles down again, I really need to get back to that line.

Cheers,

Logan

TheChronicOne

By Fernando Zamorano Vergara found on the "The Greatest Planes That Never Were" page.

"SpaceBoeing a tribute and a memory to the contribution of space shuttles in the exploration of space. zvezda 1/144 scale model my regards to all"
   (editor's note: I believe he ran this through Google Translate.)

This one is public: https://www.facebook.com/groups/34366349783/permalink/10158566394469784/

I loooooooooooooove this one!!!!   :lol: :wub: :wub: :wub:     I've wanted to do the same... to something (In particular, a MiG-21 Analog, because of the wing shape... ) but he did it first and .... probably much better than what I could do. I was so happy to see this, it's very neat!
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

I wonder if it hinges open along the top?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Nice.

The nose intake of the MiG 21I would make a shuttle scheme tricky.  It really needs a rounded nose to work.  Jet Provost or a Tweet would work well.
Fred