Whiffs found on Facebook

Started by philp, June 08, 2013, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 20, 2020, 03:25:28 PM

Oh yes, LOVE that one!  :wub:

I can just see a Northwest Orient 2707 coming in, wings forward, over Highway 5 onto 30L at Minneapolis-St Paul International too.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

That was the Kit Signal. Like the bat signal... I knew you'd arrive and would appreciate that one! 

Check this out... I've been perusing eBay thanks to that thing and it would appear that some outfit in the Phillipines is making and/or selling them and they have a few different ones, I like this one:

EDIT:   There is an old kit of the 2707, isn't there? I swear I've seen one before and of course it's hard to find but it does exist, or am I dreaming?

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Speaking of swing wing:

By Chris Thrace found on the "Facebook Scale Modellers" page.

"1/72 SU-36 Swing Wing Fighter
What if...
Russia continued to push the limits of the SU-27 design, and produced a variable geometry version?  Maybe it would look something like this.
Encore SU-27 with donor parts from an Italeri Mig-23 and a bunch of sheet plastic.  Comments and critiques always welcome!"

Not public, but if you are a member then there are a few more pics here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/crumblebuilders/permalink/1475598355976630/
-Sprues McDuck-

jcf

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 20, 2020, 04:08:25 PM
EDIT:   There is an old kit of the 2707, isn't there? I swear I've seen one before and of course it's hard to find but it does exist, or am I dreaming?

Revell did a 1/200ish (1/204) kit of the 2707-200, the swing-wing configuration, that had two 18"
long models in the box: one "dirty" with the wings forward, nose drooped landing gear down etc.;
the other in high-speed flight mode.

The kit was originally released in 1966 and was in the catalog off and on until the mid-'70s, the last
formal re-release was a special edition boxing as part of the Revell Germany 50th Anniversary.
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-h-262-boeing-supersonic-transport-prototype--146216

The original release was in Boeing house colours and was moulded in yellow.

The kit does show up on the used market, often at stupid prices.

Here's one one ebay that's currently at $41.00 with 4 bids, two days left so it's anybody's guess
if it'll jump or not:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Boeing-SST-PAN-AM-Supersonic-Clipper-Passenger-Jet-by-Revell-18-long/293896165312?hash=item446d9397c0:g:c1wAAOSwCyZf1o7q

I bought two of the 2006 re-releases, I still have one, I donated the other one to a SPEEA* sponsored silent
auction, a fund-raiser for kids, that was held in the 40-91 building at Boeing Everett in 2007. It finally sold
for $140.00 after a bidding war between three engineers.
;D

*Society of Professional Engineering Employess in Aerospace, the engineer and technical designer union
at Boeing. Company pilots and flight instructors are also in a SPEEA bargaining unit.

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

Ah, for some time I also tried to get my hands on one of these double-kits, but finally gave up due to the ridiculous prices...

PR19_Kit

I've got one of the re-pops, umpteen years after building the original version for my mate's model window shop in Oxford.

The drooped nose bits didn't fit back then, and they don't fit now either! It took a fair amount of slicing and dicing to get it anywhere near good enough for a display model.

Mine's destined for the BA Landor scheme eventually, as BA seemed to have a resident buyer at Boeing in those days. I may even do the port side in the Singapore Airlines scheme, like G-BOAD.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 20, 2020, 03:22:22 PM
By Nikola Kapetanovic.  <...>

Scale-o-rama'ed 1/72 F-22cockpit section with 1/48 JSF fuselage, wings rest? Very good!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Scotaidh

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Rheged

With a sensible way of putting traction power onto the ice/snow, that could well work............unless you want to put it in a diorama with panels open and an AA Trackrover parked alongside.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on December 26, 2020, 03:13:56 AM

..........unless you want to put it in a diorama with panels open and an AA Trackrover parked alongside.

Did they have them as well?

So the RAC would need them too, just keep their ends up, and then the Green Flag guys would jump in as well, so we'd have Trackrovers in orange, yellow blue AND green:o

Regards
Kit

Scotaidh

Very hard to see, some would say invisible - the 1984 side-by-side cockpit stealth wonder Tornado, with a 10' fuselage plug to carry more fuel and free up the wing pylons.
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Dizzyfugu

Personally, I have been thinking of kitbashing an ADV Tonado hull with the blunt nose from an IDS Tornado and maybe an additional fuselage plug, as an export version for the USAF. The side-by-side cockpit is a nice idea, though. Maybe a Su-24 nose would work?

PR19_Kit

Or an F-111 nose?

That does look rather good.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Doug K

Really interesting image, that would be an extra mighty fin