Whiffs found on Facebook

Started by philp, June 08, 2013, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotaidh

Not really a Whif, but very rare ... Fokker T-VIIIW seaplane No. 320 (Dutch) Squadron RAF.  Posted on FB by by Paolo Bertini

At first I thought it was a Blenheim on floats.  Once I realized it wasn't, I wondered if that had ever happened.

If I wanted to do that, where would I get floats big enough for a 1/72 Blenheim?
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

scooter

Quote from: Scotaidh on October 16, 2021, 10:39:54 AM

If I wanted to do that, where would I get floats big enough for a 1/72 Blenheim?

Scale-o-rama from 1/48?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

At first I thought it was a Blenheim on floats.  Once I realized it wasn't, I wondered if that had ever happened.

Almost,.

Bristol Fairchild in Canada put a Bolingbroke  Mk I on floats, making it the singular Mk III.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: scooter on October 16, 2021, 11:19:00 AM

Scale-o-rama from 1/48?

I used these from a 1/48 DHC Otter. I had to shorten them and I cut an equal amount either side of the step, you can see the original and the shortened one in the photo below. They are EDO floats. The pic showing the float and fuselage is a bit deceiving as you can see the top of the float too which makes it look bigger than what it is.

I got this 3-View from John Adams (he of Aeroclub)

FUN FACT:  The Blenheim/Bolingbroke has the same max TOW as the Hawker Typhoon, so if you want to do a Typhoon float plane, these would work well.

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

jcf

Scotaidh

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

TheChronicOne

Here go people posting Dizzy again. lol  One thread is a repost of the original, neither of which give credit and the original ("Aircraft of Russia," which is a fine page I imagine, it's just this particular post/poster created this non-attributed post... ).  Also, the comments on the original post (the "Aircraft of Russia" one ) contain some pretty dumb statements.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/34366349783/?multi_permalinks=10159503615514784&hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486033464822212/?multi_permalinks=4413411808751015&hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

By Dan Witzke found on the " The Mediocre Modelers group" page.

" Galactic Empire P-40 Warhawk. Hard to tell but there are red lights in the nose so the cockpit and undercarriage glows red"

Found here:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1771720973126058/?multi_permalinks=2814102958887849&hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

This thing originated on Twitter, but I saw it on Facebook in a repost by someone not associated with it.

If you stare long enough and think about it, it's genius......  look at the gear, cockpit, etc...  there was thought about the true size of it....  but... goofy at the same time? Very interesting.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

By JG Du Plessis found on the " The Mediocre Modelers group" page.

" Hasegawa 1/72 F-20 Tigershark. Used the F-16 scheme as guidance as my feeling is that they might have been used in a similar role. Decals are from Tamiya F-16CJ."

Found here:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1771720973126058/posts/2815304862100992/

There's another in the comments by someone else.

-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

There's a cheap Trumpeter 1:72 An-2 on floats around that should be a very good donor source. Then there's the Matchbox/Revell Twin Otter with optional floats (might look a bit too modern, though, but you are left with a complete kit with the standard wheel landing gear plus optional skis), and the Matchbox or Revell He 115s (different kits), but these might be a tad too large.

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 18, 2021, 02:10:35 AM

There's a cheap Trumpeter 1:72 An-2 on floats around that should be a very good donor source. Then there's the Matchbox/Revell Twin Otter with optional floats (might look a bit too modern, though, but you are left with a complete kit with the standard wheel landing gear plus optional skis), and the Matchbox or Revell He 115s (different kits), but these might be a tad too large.

Airfix Ju 52.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 16, 2021, 04:47:14 PM
Here go people posting Dizzy again. lol  One thread is a repost of the original, neither of which give credit and the original ("Aircraft of Russia," which is a fine page I imagine, it's just this particular post/poster created this non-attributed post... ).  Also, the comments on the original post (the "Aircraft of Russia" one ) contain some pretty dumb statements.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/34366349783/?multi_permalinks=10159503615514784&hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486033464822212/?multi_permalinks=4413411808751015&hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen

Too sad that this group went non-public some time ago.  :-\

kerick

Not really a Whif, but very rare ... Fokker T-VIIIW seaplane No. 320 (Dutch) Squadron RAF.  Posted on FB by by Paolo Bertini

Is that digital camo on the floats?? Way ahead of its time!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Scotaidh

From David Holmes on the "The Greatest Planes That Never Were" group on PhacePlant -

Convair B-36 with the original delta wing configuration, which they later used on the Hustler.

One of the comments from a Dave Kessler:
"Clearly this is the very rare B-94 Hustlekeeper."

And a bit further down in the comments was this gem from Bundle Bill:
"The B-36 actually did carry the XB-58 one time. 😎"