Whiffs found on Facebook

Started by philp, June 08, 2013, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: scooter on April 18, 2023, 12:58:07 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 18, 2023, 11:16:56 AMThe most impractical police vehicle ever.
They clearly don't know that the SR-71 needs two different fuels just to be able to fly ?.
Totally stupid.
Unless you're in the Department of Justice, and patrolling one of the Megacities
They'd have to have bloody good eyes Scooter mate  ;D
The stall speed of a Blackbrid is not what we would call slow at 185mph ..would be damn interesting to see em try though  :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

For when you have to travel across town very, very fast!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

perttime

A concept drawing for turning the Tsunami air racer into a seaplane record vehicle (by the people who really designed and built Tsunami):

You cannot view this attachment.
https://www.facebook.com/thetsunamiproject/photos/pb.100064774388272.-2207520000./10153779118509889/?type=3

PR19_Kit

Looks quite like the MC-72 as well.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

2996 Victor

Quote from: jcf on July 20, 2021, 02:43:02 PMPosted on 'The Aviation Historian' FB page as a preview of the new issue:
"Here at TAH we don't make a regular habit of publishing "What-if?" articles, but this one by the late Melvyn Hiscock — about how rearward cockpits could have given photo-recce Spitfires a much longer range — has a pedigree stretching back to legendary test pilot Jeffrey Quill."

http://www.theaviationhistorian.com/public-downloads/preview-PDFs/tah_iss36_spread2_spitfire.pdf
Loving this! I think it would look even better with the original high-back fuselage, say a super-long-range PR.XIX. Hmmmmmm!

Cheers,
Mark
Mark's workbench:
Spitfire Mk.I Vichy North Africa - Eduard 1/48
Spitfire PR.XIX Rearward-cockpit - Airfix 1/48
Boulton Paul Valiant Mk.I PR - Airfix 1/48

PR19_Kit

Quote from: 2996 Victor on May 04, 2023, 04:33:31 AMLoving this! I think it would look even better with the original high-back fuselage, say a super-long-range PR.XIX. Hmmmmmm!

........ and longer wings of course.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

2996 Victor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 04, 2023, 04:39:39 AM........ and longer wings of course.  ;D

Of course! ;D  ;D  ;D
Mark's workbench:
Spitfire Mk.I Vichy North Africa - Eduard 1/48
Spitfire PR.XIX Rearward-cockpit - Airfix 1/48
Boulton Paul Valiant Mk.I PR - Airfix 1/48

Gondor

I found this on Facebook this morning and thought kit might like it as it uses the same donor kits he is for his B-54B

The front end is a Tu-95 untill the white aerial on the fuselage, the rest is B-29

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Oh year, that's pretty impressive looking.

And NOTHING like a Bear really.  :thumbsup:

Did they hack off the giant conduits that run down either side of the Tu-95 fuselage? I've still got to do that, and fill in the resulting spaces of course.  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

jcf

Interesting, but those big wingtip tanks would play hell with the wing structure.  ;D

kerick

Quote from: jcf on May 05, 2023, 11:28:21 AMInteresting, but those big wingtip tanks would play hell with the wing structure.  ;D

Ahh, but they look cool!
It worked on the Connie but slightly smaller.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Look at the submarines an F-94 carried on the wing tips!

A side view of that model would be nice, though - looks very good, also in this livery.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 06, 2023, 12:12:19 AMLook at the submarines an F-94 carried on the wing tips!

And an F-89 too.  :o

Regards
Kit

jcf

The Constellation wingtip tank option was introduced on the L-1049G Super Constellation and the wing structure
was changed to allow carriage of the tanks. The tanks were also much smaller in size compared to those on the
B-29 based model in the photo.

The F-94A/B had a wing inherited from the F-80/T-33 and it was designed from the beginning to mount wingtip
fuel tanks, the F-94C had a new, redesigned wing that was again designed to carry the tanks.

Wingtip tanks/pods were a design feature of the F-89, but they exacerbated the problems with the original wing
design. The F-89 wing ended up needing a lot of rework before it became somewhat effective and able to carry
the large wingtip pods.

The problem with the model isn't the wingtip tanks, it's the size of the tanks. They'd be extremely heavy and it's
very likely that they'd impart a twisting motion to the wing because of aerodynamic forces pushing up on the nose
of the tanks. 

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 06, 2023, 02:52:49 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 06, 2023, 12:12:19 AMLook at the submarines an F-94 carried on the wing tips!

And an F-89 too.  :o

Yup, but the (also) contain missiles - were there pure fuel tanks on F-89 wings? They were huge, however.