1/72 Airwolf Mk.3 (Project: Archangel 21)

Started by Spey_Phantom, June 14, 2013, 04:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

this is a small side project i started, the expected result of witch is top secret for the moment.
all i can say is its 1/72 scale, and designated under working title "Archangel 21".
im not goint to reveal anything on what it is, what im using as a basekit or what it does until its finished (otherwise it wouldnt be a surprise).

but i am going to post WIP photo's.

this is what i have at the moment:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

kerick

I have a guess but I'll hold off for now. This will be fun to watch.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Gondor

Either a Helo or a Transport looking at the picture.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

It's a Russian naval helicopter.  I had thought Airwolf initially but there aren't any 72nd Bell 222 kits sadly.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kerick

My thought was also a helicopter. Not a Blackhawk.
You have a very talented audience to try to fool here but its always fun to play guess the parts.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rheged

Off the wall guess, since I'm not a rotary winged expert  (a rotarian??)  It is a previously unknown Russian device, first photographed by a VERY high flying Meteor PR 19  on the blunt end of an anti-submarine frigate near a certain  White Sea navalbase.  The 21 refers to the length of the cab, in feet.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Spey_Phantom

Ok, i guess its hard to fool you guys.

first off, yes, its a helicopters, but no, its nog a russian naval helo  :rolleyes:
its hard to keep a secret from you guys so, here it is: Airwolf Mk.3

Wooksta was actually the closest to the truth, no, there are no airwolf kits (Bell 222) in 1/72.
but thats because the new Airwolf is not based on the original from Bell, The Firm and Charles Henry Moffett design.
this design, is built by Eurocopter/Lockheed skunk works.

compared to the Airwolf I and the ill fated Airwolf II, the Mark 3 uses a newer lighter and more aerodynamic design.
all the old computers from the original have been miniturised into a single console behind the pilot, taking much of the workload off the engineer/WSO.
the pilot itself also has a reduced workload, with an all new fully digital glass cockpit, displays all the information the pilot needs and its 5 LCD touchscreens are fully customisable. to improve stability, the helicopter is now fully fly-by-wire controled, keeping the helicopter more stable in adverse weather conditions, high speeds and high altitudes.

its armament will consist of a 2000 round .50 fully movable minigun and various Air-surface missiles/rockets and/or Air-Air missiles (either Stinger or Mistral). another new feature is Stealth, with a reduced radar signature and more silent engines make the Mark 3 the perfect weapon for special operations, CIA interventions, secret operations,....
its maximum speed is estimated at Mach 1.6 and can reach altitudes of up to 60.000 feet.
many of its systems and advanced sensors are still classified.

"Airwold Mk.3, the new airwolf for the 21st Century"

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

deathjester

Well done Sir!  I was planning to do exactly this to a SA365 - do it, do it !! :thumbsup:

The Wooksta!

It's either built by Eurocopter or Skunkworks - the US won't share their tech with the EU.  BAe Systems had to divest itself of most of it's Airbus stock to even get a foot in the door. 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kerick

Looks like you cut into an old build for this. With the price of new kits I don't blame you.
Tophe the Wise

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

McColm

Cobra

Superb Work,Nils :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You sure caught me with my Shorts down on that one :lol: Any more cool Projects planned? Stay cool :mellow:  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

McColm

Maybe the Mk.4 could be based on the Boeing-Sikorsky RAH-66 Comanche?