Steel Penguins braying

Started by Steel Penguin, June 22, 2013, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

What is this "reality" thing of which you speak?  :wacko:  ;D  ;)
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

kerick

"Reality! What a concept!" Robin Williams
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Steel Penguin

once again i am a lesson to others.

Read the label on the paint pot.
i wanted Dayler series 3 ultramarine blue    i got citadel imperial purple.    the 3rd ESWAT vehicle is very much the wrong colour  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
i will have to decide on whether to repaint, or go with it,
Drat
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on May 24, 2023, 12:45:54 PMonce again i am a lesson to others.

i wanted Dayler series 3 ultramarine blue    i got citadel imperial purple.    the 3rd ESWAT vehicle is very much the wrong colour  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
Drat

Pretorian Guard or maybe Caesar's personal one  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: Steel Penguin on May 24, 2023, 12:45:54 PMonce again i am a lesson to others.

Drat

Imperial purple isn't far from the wrapping of a certain chocolate bar.  The Cadbury Lancers, or possibly the Bourneville Yeomanry.    A whole new field of Whiffery beckons.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Nick

Quote from: Rheged on May 25, 2023, 07:23:28 AM

Drat

Imperial purple isn't far from the wrapping of a certain chocolate bar.  The Cadbury Lancers, or possibly the Bourneville Yeomanry.    A whole new field of Whiffery beckons.

A Quaker Infantry regiment? Advancing with the Word of God in hand?

NARSES2

Drat

I've always associated Bourneville with a dark red colour  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 26, 2023, 05:32:38 AM

Drat

I've always associated Bourneville with a dark red colour  ;D

You are correct, but I was thinking of the place not the dark chocolate.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on May 26, 2023, 09:02:34 AMYou are correct, but I was thinking of the place not the dark chocolate.

I'm ALWAYS thinking of the chocolate!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 26, 2023, 09:08:21 AM
Quote from: Rheged on May 26, 2023, 09:02:34 AMYou are correct, but I was thinking of the place not the dark chocolate.

I'm ALWAYS thinking of the chocolate!  ;D
Mmm...chocolate
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Steel Penguin

the Vans done  it got a quick coat of blue, and wile its a lot darker than the other 2 it`l do  :thumbsup:

43 figures  4 models and 5 bits of scenery.

still doing ok on the infantry and the chally2  slow enjoyed progress is progress.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

Steel Penguin

all 12 current infantry are finished to the point of waiting  for the flock to dry.  so they can be varnished later tonight or tomorrow  :thumbsup:

55 figures  4 models and 5 bits of scenery

Steel Penguin

im now assembling one of the GPMG SF  teams https://www.empressminiatures.com/baor4-british-infantry-with-fixed-mount-gpmg-2314-p.asp
it is a thing of beauty in  itself, and watchlike in in its construction  ;D ,  but is rather more bits than  id like the crew are 2 one part figures ( spotter and No2) the gunner has a separate arm, not a major problem,  the body of the GPMG is one part,  the tripod base is one part and the legs are each separate, 5 parts for the gun...  :o   ( to give an idea of size the GPMG body is 3/4 of an inch long)   and the ammo can and belt are a separate single piece, 
im am going to end up superglueing my fingers to this one if im not careful  :banghead:

Steel Penguin

does any one know a dealer / modelshop with a decent range of the PLATZ  range?,  im after one or more of very specific F-15J models they do.   the white dragon, and the mountain art versions.  Google has been less than helpful, the link it gives via Britmodeler goes to a shop that dosn`t seen to have any on their site.

i know that 2bobs did the white dragon as a decal pack but despite trying to find it for i wile ive turned up empty.