Steel Penguins braying

Started by Steel Penguin, June 22, 2013, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

aghh Bob darn it Scooter  ;D

my rather limited will power id vanishing faster than free kits at a con.......  ;)

but that is a very nice picky
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Rick Lowe

Steel Penguin

and thank you for the insperation, that struck due to the pic Scooter  :thumbsup:

i would like Dryads an Nymphs...   the modern GW one arnt what i want ( the modern GW wood elfs arnt either,  they look like they are channelling the Phantom of the opera  :banghead:  )   
I just need to find some suitable 1:35 scale figs  :thumbsup:
that is a problem for later though
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

Rick Lowe

There are lots out there to pick and choose from... some more  :o than others...  ;)

Steel Penguin

ive realised that ive done nothing on the chally for over a month, so its gone back into a box to be picked up again later   :-\

so i need to pick something else to have a build of.
hhmmmm

Steel Penguin

pulled the recently ( this year ) rebuilt and resprayed Predator light tank, off the shelf, a quick overpaint to matt the colours and hopefully i can do a bit more tonight,  ive realised how much the previous kit had killed any joy or drive.  :banghead:

i may do a couple of simple wargamy things before i have another go at a more advanced kit.  <_<

Steel Penguin

quick dust round and put words to screen
the pred is as good as done, it looks a bit crude but wont matter at 4 foot range on the table top.

im currently gluing and filling the ground zero resin  vehicles i got in september, a transport VTOL with no landing legs or chin tturret,  which i think i can scratch some skids for and have as a CASEVAC bird,  the hoverplat med tank i im having to fill the  gun support of a few bubble holes, and the grav tank and APC im having to pancake fill the upper and lower body halves with filler to ensure they will hold together,  and having a reasonable amount of fun doing so,  :thumbsup:

Rheged

Quote from: Steel Penguin on December 31, 2023, 10:36:32 AMquick dust round and put words to screen
the pred is as good as done, it looks a bit crude but wont matter at 4 foot range on the table top.

im currently gluing and filling the ground zero resin  vehicles i got in september, a transport VTOL with no landing legs or chin tturret,  which i think i can scratch some skids for and have as a CASEVAC bird,  the hoverplat med tank i im having to fill the  gun support of a few bubble holes, and the grav tank and APC im having to pancake fill the upper and lower body halves with filler to ensure they will hold together,  and having a reasonable amount of fun doing so,  :thumbsup:

..............and that's what whiffery is all about!  A fun filled New Year to you.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Steel Penguin

darn tooting Mr Rheged,  darn tooting.

Though in other news im at the fill sand refill part with the grav vehicles and the vtol, the hoverplat is ready to undercoat, but with the weather being wet.... not at the mo.

Steel Penguin

well the list for 2023 is 69 figures  4 models and 7 bits of scenery    a respectable amount considering   :thumbsup:
2022 total  7 bits of scenery  7 models 
2021 total nil    oh well  im still searching for mojo, so im not that disappointed.
2020 total  1 piece of scenery
2019  total  1 figure 3 models
2018 total 8 figures 1 piece of scenery 0 models.
2017 total  figures 66  scenery 20 models 7
2016  149 figures   6 bits of scenery  6 models.
2015 153 figs    17 pieces of scenery  8 models
2014   88 figs   9 models  19 pieces of scenery
2013   90 figs   4 models  1 piece of scenery
2012   228  items including  1  1:48 Tonka  and  17 vehicles
2011   152 items including 1  1:48  A10 and  16 resin vehicles

Steel Penguin

the hoverplat is done and now awaiting varnish  :thumbsup:    the 2 Grav vehicles are fairly well along they will get a spill of ink and then a bit of drybrushing,  the bases are taking well,  lots of mud brown and then drybrush the stones grey, 
going good  :thumbsup:   
i just have to work out what the heck im doing next...
as Radish used to say " the endless possibility's"   

Steel Penguin

hoverplats varnished, as are the 2 Grav vehicles, and the GW original Preaditer

4 models.
and after not being able to get pics, ive found the 6mm ( 1:300) versions here
http://paintplayrepeat.blogspot.com/2020/03/ground-zero-games-sci-fi-6mm-miniatures_10.html
the Rommel is the hoverplat,  and the kivruzh and the avrazh are the Grav vehicles, the Rommel being aprox 4.5" long in 25mm scale / size

Steel Penguin

the  GZG hover transport ( its the AV6 in the above link) i had a moment of vision on,  dont bother with the Chin turret and paint it white, and put big red crosses on the side doors and tail ramp and have it a a Ambulance version akin to things like Crash Cart  in shadowrun and Trauma team in cyberpunk, i can hopefully use a little blue ink to give some depth to the intakes and vents  :thumbsup:

Steel Penguin

a late present for Mrs SP and myself today,   one of our friends tuned up with the re-release of shadow of the moon by blakmore`s night, :wub:   both the CD/DVD and the 12" Vinyl  i will be listening to it tomorrow, due to dentist appointments ive all day off so can put it on and if needed crank the volume, to remind the neighbours that yes were still here, the CD player still works, and i have stranger musical taste than they think  :thumbsup:

As can be guessed i am rather happy  ;)
the red crosses are done and the seepage has been picked back and white reapplied,  the intakes have been inked.  i will have to add some dirt and oil wash but that will be after the current load is dry.

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on January 23, 2024, 01:42:06 PMif needed crank the volume, to remind the neighbours that yes were still here, the CD player still works, and i have stranger musical taste than they think  :thumbsup:

;D  ;D  Musical taste is one of those few lifestyle expressions that it's exceptionally difficult to fathom people out over.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.