Steel Penguins braying

Started by Steel Penguin, June 22, 2013, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: kerick on July 17, 2024, 06:13:37 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 16, 2024, 10:04:15 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 16, 2024, 04:59:37 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 15, 2024, 10:11:24 PM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on July 15, 2024, 10:19:16 AMglad to help folks, and please steal away on any useful idea from my blathering...

its a rare day i can be held up as a good example to my peers..  ;D  :o

I once saw a tagline that said 'Perhaps your sole purpose in Life is simply to serve as a Bad Example.'... ;D  :o

I've known a fair few that could/can be applied to  :angel:

I will admit to there being a few instances where it can be applied to me...

I really try to learn from other people's questionable choices but sometimes it's a DIY project.

Sometimes there's no substitute for Empirical, Personal Experience.
"Of course, I'd never make that mistake/I would do things differently and get a different result"... Nope.  :banghead:

Steel Penguin

im now off for the week  YAY :thumbsup:
there will be painting, and possibly DvD watching,
to quote Radish  " the possibility's are endless"    ;D  :o
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Steel Penguin

sprayed the 432s green earlier in the week,  ( a tamiya gloss green) so they've had a couple of quick coats of matt green  and now have some splodges of NATO back on them to break up the outline, it looks simeler enough to the " normal " BAOR set up, without being a slavish copy of any one hull,  ill need to do some work on the rucksacks on the side to break them up a bit, and add blue to the view port and a little gunmetal on to the exhaust, tools and tracks but i can do a bit one one, then the other , and then allow to dry.

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

Steel Penguin

the 2 built 432s are done, they will hopefully get varnished tomorrow  :thumbsup:
ive pulled the 3rd one out of the box and sanded the tracks down now ( blurg )  i will be getting to glueing them and the other bits on presently.  I amy well do the Landys next, they are capable of carrying WOMBATs   https://www.empressminiatures.com/baor23-landrover-with-wombat-and-crew-2748-p.asp   so i need to do them, the crew ( mounted then the Wombats as dismount able systems and then to the dismounted crews  https://www.empressminiatures.com/baor22-wombat-with-crew-2747-p.asp    that will leave me with the SF troops from the range to do,  but i may well then try something else.

Steel Penguin

the 2 432s have been varnished  so thats now

65 figures 4 pieces of scenery and  9 models

the 3rd on is together and had a base set of spray paint laid down  :thumbsup:

Steel Penguin

final FV432 is done

65 figures 4 pieces of scenery and  10 models

Steel Penguin

2 Ainsty sci fi cargo containers ( 1" square and 3/4 tall  ish)  grey with a blue band across each,  2 of the Egyptian explorers , and a gent in a long coat bowler hat and a large revolver / ray gun.  all count as figures with size.

70 figures 4 pieces of scenery and  10 models.

and a visit to the dentist this morning, with no problems  :thumbsup:   and being told that whatever im doing im doing right  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:    I may not particularly enjoy visiting, i realise its important, and try to look after the teeth and gums

NARSES2

Having a productive week mate  :thumbsup:  As for dentists, I've had a phobia about them ever since one hurt me as a 12 year old  :-\  Need to be anaesthetised to get me in the surgery, and I'm not joking.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 25, 2024, 12:32:19 AMHaving a productive week mate  :thumbsup:  As for dentists, I've had a phobia about them ever since one hurt me as a 12 year old  :-\  Need to be anaesthetised to get me in the surgery, and I'm not joking.

Find one with a knockout receptionist, or nurse... she'll get you in the door! Problem solved.  :angel:

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 25, 2024, 10:45:24 PMFind one with a knockout receptionist, or nurse... she'll get you in the door! Problem solved.  :angel:

Oddly enough I've had that experience both when I HAD to have a tooth out a few years back and I went to Kings College Dental School and then again when I had a procedure to remove a polyp from my intestines, again at Kings College Hospital. Nurses at each procedure were crackers and one even held my hand  :wub:  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

i was reading a wargames fora ( lead adventure, a civilised place) and stumbled across this
https://modiphius.net/pages/space-1999

a space 1999 RPG,  oh so tempting  :thumbsup:

Steel Penguin

another 28mm figure finished.  not certain on the company   but a fairly good representation of Mina Murray from league of extraordinary gentlemen, rapier / small sword, over elbow gloves and the neck scarf.

71 figures 4 pieces of scenery and  10 models.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 26, 2024, 05:22:45 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 25, 2024, 10:45:24 PMFind one with a knockout receptionist, or nurse... she'll get you in the door! Problem solved.  :angel:

Oddly enough I've had that experience both when I HAD to have a tooth out a few years back and I went to Kings College Dental School and then again when I had a procedure to remove a polyp from my intestines, again at Kings College Hospital. Nurses at each procedure were crackers and one even held my hand  :wub:  :wub:

:wub:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

kerick

Reminds me of the time I ended up in a cardiac wing with four nurses that had to be just out of college and cute as a button. One was actually fluffing my pillow. My sister and my wife were in the room so I had to behave....
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on July 29, 2024, 06:57:58 AMReminds me of the time I ended up in a cardiac wing with four nurses that had to be just out of college and cute as a button. One was actually fluffing my pillow. My sister and my wife were in the room so I had to behave....

That immediately brings to mind a Carry On Nurse, or Doctor film and Sid James' first sight of nurse Barbera Windsor  :angel:  ;D