Steel Penguins braying

Started by Steel Penguin, June 22, 2013, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

Thank you gents, yes, it is the one time you want everything to go smoothly and without hitches.

I have regular run ins with it during the day job, when some one calls in for another person we have to ask why?  and it is the hardest part of the job, loud, aggressive or obnoxious you  can laugh off, ( or put the call down on)  but having some one fall apart as they are trying to do it is hart wrenching, it really can take it out of you, especially if you get several in a single day.

On the tank front, slow progress is being maintained, I may not be breaking any records in building it, but I am enjoying doing so  :thumbsup:

In other news Mrs SP and myself were invited to a BBQ at a couple of our friends house this afternoon, which was lovely, nice food, and good company, and I got to increase some-one else's stash  :thumbsup:  those of you at cosford would know I won a set of 1:72 hussars on the tombola,  :unsure:  neither my wargaming scale or era, but another friend who was at the Barbie is a big fan of them, so got to make some one smile.  <_<
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Steel Penguin

sideways, ever sideways  :unsure:
in an effort to get some more space, a further tidying has been done.  :thumbsup:
refound my 1:48 TSR2 stash, I thought it was 3 airframes, ( 1 RAF with asymmetric bluewater, 1 RAF grey green with brimstones and LGB, 1 JASDF blue / dark blue "pain plane" with big decals over the wing top)  but huzza! it was 4  :wacko:,  Mrs SP made an excellent suggestion as I was starting to say the 3rd option,  " pink and hello Kitty ",  so I may well have all 4 airframes spoken for now.
    I think the 4th airframe will wind up the JMNs to a wonderfully high extent, and make board children smile and point, so win / win as far as im concerned.
also managed to get the pile of railway books that have been sitting round waiting to be shelved put away, relocated my Sassy gal saloon, and my waterline ( captain Nemo) nautilus. If I don't write things down and pin them to my stash list I forget ive got them, which makes delving in cupboards an exercise in surprise  ;D

at the mo things are looking better. 
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

zenrat

IMO a pink Hello Kitty should be the full Stratos IV not just an ordinary TSR2.  It'd take a bit of work to produce one in The Wrong Scale but would get the JMNs thinking "did they?".

:mellow:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Steel Penguin

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:   mwahahahahahaha
why Zenrat  that is just so right

I will have to look into doing so  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on May 06, 2018, 01:37:25 PM
I won a set of 1:72 hussars on the tombola, 

Napoleonic I presume ? But which nation and maker. There's some nice stuff around and I keep being tempted
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

zeveda black hussars I think   Narses  deffo Naps, hence very much not my scale or era.  but raised a smile from the person I gave them to.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Ah right, so Prussian ?

I recently found a 25mm Han Chinese army (Es sex Miniatures) and a 15mm Sassanian one (Battle Honours ?) Got rid of most of my others years ago. Kept this two as they were favourites, and lucky  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 07, 2018, 03:21:42 AM

IMO a pink Hello Kitty should be the full Stratos IV not just an ordinary TSR2.  It'd take a bit of work to produce one in The Wrong Scale but would get the JMNs thinking "did they?".

:mellow:

A 'Cunning Plan' if ever I heard one.  :wub: :wub:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

dentist apt this AM so day off,  so Roadwheels,  not as major as OJL and the monster hes building, but progress for me  <_<
and more moving stuff round and repacking of other things, just trying to get some space in the modelling room, I think I may have got somewhere.

Steel Penguin

Yesterday was the funeral service for mum in law,  we had a reasonable turn out, from her friends, and neighbours, and some of the fellow volunteers from the dean forest line, wile it was hard to see them all  again, it was a pleasure to do so, and we may have left one final JMN mine with them, I may have mentioned previously that my father in law was both a railway modeller, and volunteered at dean forest on the buffet on the DMU, with mum in law,  he rebuilt one of his OO DMUs to the same as the one on the dean forest, buffet stand and all,  we were able to give that to them, so if it shows in the DMU anyone who knows can have a smile, and any one who moans "that  its not right" will be asked what they think there riding in  ;D
the weather was good sunny and not too hot, and the Forest of Dean crem is set in present rolling forest, a pleasant send off, and wile im feeling rather hollow and fragile, I do feel better, as does Mrs SP, so small steps back to normality ( well as close as we get)  :thumbsup:

keep up the good work folks, the site is a wonderful way of finding a smile  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Glad it went as well as can be expeted mate. As you say the Forest of Dene is a lovely spot

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 24, 2018, 07:07:10 AM

As you say the Forest of Dene is a lovely spot

One reason why I live right here.  ;D

Good to hear about the DMU buffet model, I'll keep an eye out for it next time I'm riding the local rails.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

in a sudden splodge of paint efficiency
more stuff done  :thumbsup:
4 Games Workshop sisters of battle

4 figures 1 piece of scenery 0 models.

I may be more amazed by this than many others  :lol:  :o

Steel Penguin

in #826 above   Zenrat, kit and myself discussed the beginnings of a wonderful plan.
wile at the starshipmodeler site today I found this
https://starshipmodeler.biz/shop/index.cfm/product/2100_162/148-tsr-2-meteor-sweeper-conversion-for-airfix.html#reviews
resin bits to do just that..
I must save some cash up   :wacko:

zenrat

Ho ho ho.
:thumbsup:

I love it when a plan looks like it might be starting to come together.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..