Steel Penguins braying

Started by Steel Penguin, June 22, 2013, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Total bum deal, man. So sorry. Godspeed to your lil friend.
-Sprues McDuck-

Steel Penguin

thank you again folks, the support really helps  :thumbsup:
the other 3 have had much fuss over the last couple of days, and both mrs SP and myself are feeling a bit better.

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on August 30, 2018, 10:33:28 AM
thank you again folks, the support really helps  :thumbsup:
the other 3 have had much fuss over the last couple of days, and both mrs SP and myself are feeling a bit better.

Yup it's amazing how much better you can feel after just fussing over a pet for a bit  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

it was the ( fairly ) local model show at Wombourne today, so Mrs SP and i had a wonder down and round, picked up a couple of kits, and had a chat with the exhibitors ( one of the reasons we like the show people behind the tables are happy to talk to you.  :thumbsup: )   found one kit that will have to go in the holy grail list  1:35 tracked rapier  £ 300  or so  :wacko: :banghead:  id love one but that's way out of my range for that, alas.  one of the armour displays had a G6 spg on it and the builder seemed to find my turn it into a grav tank idea, not too reprehensible  ;D, and one of the traders had a pile of decals, and seemed to like my TSR-2 with the Japanese F-15 dragon across the top  idea as well,  ;)
and wile its not big there was a good crowd of folks, and some kids and a few lady's not looking board out of there minds, so a good sign for the future as well.  so feeling quite improved at the moment.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on September 02, 2018, 04:09:41 AM

and wile its not big there was a good crowd of folks, and some kids and a few lady's not looking board out of there minds, so a good sign for the future as well.  so feeling quite improved at the moment.

I've noticed that at a few shows I've attended in the last year or so. More ladies with the kids and looking interested/taking an interest. Previously they couldn't get away fast enough. I do have a theory, but it's not fully thought through yet. As you say, possibly a good sign for the future.

Glad your'e feeling better  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I have a theory too.  And unusually for me it's a sensible one.   :o
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Steel Penguin

if you have theory's guys, spill em!
we can attempt rational discussion ( hahaha)  and try to achieve a quorum, there may be Nobel's in it for us

stops rereads above sentence, realises that the laugh says all it need to a bought the second part.  moves on

Remember the best part of mad science
if its all going wrong.
your doing it right !!

zenrat

I'll let Chris reveal his thoughts first.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

JayBee

OK Here are my ideas boosted a bit by the thoughts of SWMBO (a retired teachers of children of the younger years).
We have just spent two days (Sat/Sun) at the Scottish International Airshow. This is based on Prestwick airport (1.5 miles N of us) and the display line is on the seafront at Ayr (2 miles S of us).

On the Sat. we were sitting next to a family group of Mum,, Dad, and a two year old child. Highlight for me was the two year old re-watching the Swiss AF F-18 on his mothers phone AND telling me it was too noisy! My gob was totally smacked with this.
It was SWMBO who pointed out to me just how much the father was engaged with the child as was the mum.
On Sunday we had a different group sitting in front of us comprising a Dad and three kids, again he was fully engaged with the kids.
Dads taking more interest in the kids? It may well be the way, and we did see a lot of other examples of this.
Here's hoping.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

Right my partially formulated view for what it's worth is based on a couple of conversations at some southern shows.

The mother's in particular are quite happy the kids are interested in the models etc because as Jim says they can then get into a two way conversation/discussion with them, but perhaps just as importantly it's something other than computer games and the mums, and dads, feel they can actually get involved with their kids. It's also seen as an activity where you can develop some basic hand/eye co-ordination skills rather than just sitting in the gloom in front of a screen. We do have to remember that the days when kids spent all the time they could playing outside have long gone, especially in city environments similar to the ones I've lived in all my life.

Steel Penguin

sounds like a good prognosis gents, and I can certainly see both were your coming from, and I agree.
perhaps there is hope for us  :thumbsup: both the hobby and people in general.

zenrat

While I agree with your thoughts I also think it may be the amount of "how to" videos on You-boob.  Kids (and assisting parents)  who get want to find out how to do something "properly" can easilly look it up.
Much easier now than in the old days when I had no-one to ask other than my mates or my dad who I was too proud and stubborn to ask.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 04, 2018, 03:42:53 AM
While I agree with your thoughts I also think it may be the amount of "how to" videos on You-boob.  Kids (and assisting parents)  who get want to find out how to do something "properly" can easilly look it up.

Quite probably, but as I've no experience of them I can't really comment. I do remember the old Airfix "How to" books though. Still got them as well.

Steel Penguin

a good day.
why???
today I celebrate my 18th wedding anniversary.  no matter what else, today I can smile a truly say I am a lucky man  :wub:  ( and know Mrs Sp thinks a similar thought)

tell your loved ones you love them,   it helps, you and then.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

A bit late mate, but well done  :thumbsup: