Steel Penguins braying

Started by Steel Penguin, June 22, 2013, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

they found it around 8 miles off and it was in police hands within 3 days,  then the insures had it down near oxford till the end of december and then its been with the initial garage and the Skoda dealers ever since, im assuming getting the dash and boot fascias and the tec from the dash ( screen etc) took a wile to order and have delivered due to the global silicon chip shortage,  weve been getting messages every week from the garage ( theyve been " sorry were still working, we will let you know more next week" )  and Mrs SP got a call this morning saying its ready when can they drop it off this affo
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

kerick

Quote from: Steel Penguin on June 27, 2023, 08:37:43 AMthey found it around 8 miles off and it was in police hands within 3 days,  then the insures had it down near oxford till the end of december and then its been with the initial garage and the Skoda dealers ever since, im assuming getting the dash and boot fascias and the tec from the dash ( screen etc) took a wile to order and have delivered due to the global silicon chip shortage,  weve been getting messages every week from the garage ( theyve been " sorry were still working, we will let you know more next week" )  and Mrs SP got a call this morning saying its ready when can they drop it off this affo

All that gee whiz stuff under the dash is a real pita to deal with. Glad you got your car back. I hope everything is in proper working order now.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Steel Penguin

seems to be...  though to be honest,  the rear camera works, the radio works ill have to fiddle with the heating / AC this weekend, and check the sat nav is still good, after that its pretty much gravy  :thumbsup:
oh and the heated front windscreen,  not too certain how to check that at the mo ?  hmmm
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

kerick

A drive in cooler? Maybe a cold storage warehouse?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

Come visit me, Womby, and Rickshaw.  Just a short drive.   :mellow:

Course, time was no-one in their right mind would even joke about stealing a Skoda for fear of ridicule from their fellow crims.  I still find it hard to accept what they are now.

Good that you got it back mate.   :thumbsup:

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 28, 2023, 04:54:18 AMI still find it hard to accept what they are now.

VWs flying a Czech flag?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Glad you got it back mate.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: zenrat on June 28, 2023, 04:54:18 AMCourse, time was no-one in their right mind would even joke about stealing a Skoda for fear of ridicule from their fellow crims.  I still find it hard to accept what they are now.

Reminds me of the old joke:
customer:  'I'd like a new hubcap for my Skoda*'
dealer: 'sounds like a fair exchange, sir'

Not so these days**, Skodas can be better value than their VW cousins.

* also applicable to Ladas
** still applicble to Ladas
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Steel Penguin

all 8 ships are done   nice and quick, as i have versions of each ready painted so know what im going to do,   if you want to have an idea if you google images " uncharted seas elves " or follow https://www.google.com/search?q=uncharted+seas+miniatures&tbm=isch&hl=en&chips=q:uncharted+seas+miniatures,online_chips:thaniras+elves&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjSkp6n6PD_AhVVmicCHRU6BJoQ4lYoCXoECAEQPQ&biw=1903&bih=937

69 figures  4 models and 7 bits of scenery

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 28, 2023, 05:08:56 AMVWs flying a Czech flag?  ;D

So... basically a reversal of 1938, then... ;)

OK, Ok -  hat, coat, door, book... ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rick Lowe on July 04, 2023, 10:39:14 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 28, 2023, 05:08:56 AMVWs flying a Czech flag?  ;D

So... basically a reversal of 1938, then... ;)

OK, Ok -  hat, coat, door, book... ;D

Not sure if it IS a reversal actually, VW bought the Skoda car operation lock stick and barrel.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

you get "skoda" spares, but the box has the Skoda, Seat, VW and Audi labels on it, if you look in the right place.  dosn`t worry me a single jot  :thumbsup:

As a quick straw poll, has anyone had the latest issue of the IPMS magazine?  it was supposed to be out mid / late June, and as were closing in on the end of the 1st week of July i was wondering if ive missed mine, or its a general thing???

im a little further forward on the dozer blade challenger 2   read, clean, glue fill clean..
but to give some drive im thinking of starting one of the long term stash sitters next..  My Tamiya dragon wagon,  ive been collecting ramage to hang on for years, as im doing someones post war  retirement project with it,  so the extras will include things like oxycetaline cutting gear, a stereo / cd system, fridge etc, and i have to make certain i leave the trailer clear for the load, said retires boat, the Tamiya PIBBER i got for the purpose,  need to add the traditional extras, surf board, another stereo,  a 200L drum cut in half as a barbi  ;D   fishing rods, scuba gear,  lots of drink bottles, etc etc  i may even leave the guns on  :unsure:  for " sport hunting" 

PR19_Kit

I think I got my IPMS Mag a few weeks ago now.

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: Steel Penguin on July 05, 2023, 12:13:48 PM...My Tamiya dragon wagon,  ive been collecting ramage to hang on for years, as im doing someones post war  retirement project with it,  so the extras will include things like oxycetaline cutting gear, a stereo / cd system, fridge etc, and i have to make certain i leave the trailer clear for the load, said retires boat, the Tamiya PIBBER i got for the purpose,  need to add the traditional extras, surf board, another stereo,  a 200L drum cut in half as a barbi  ;D   fishing rods, scuba gear,  lots of drink bottles, etc etc  i may even leave the guns on  :unsure:  for " sport hunting" 

That sounds very cool.  What period are you thinking? 70's?  80's? 90's?
I'm thinking the wagon would probly have been re-engined.

What would you hunt with the twin 50's in the front turret?  :unsure:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..